Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to PDF - Aptos

Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Microsoft is using the new Aptos Font everywhere, how do we print to PDF?  Everytime i try i get a error message that ends " %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%"  Other than highlighting the document and changing the font, i can no longer print to PDF.  This is an issue as I print to PDF many times over a day to conform to our business process.    Will this be fixed soon?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

I have found a solution for this.

When you go File > Print. Select Printer 'Adobe PDF', then click Print Options, click Properties, and untick 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts'.

If you need any screenshots of this process please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution for this.

When you go File > Print. Select Printer 'Adobe PDF', then click Print Options, click Properties, and untick 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts'.

If you need any screenshots of this process please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-02-09 140539.png

Screenshot 2024-02-09 140613.png

  Can also be found in System Settings > Printers & Scanners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas, did the issue ever come back for you? It keeps on coming back for me. I tried that solution but also the other solution listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error--when-you-create-a-postscript-file-you-must-rely-on-system.... but the issue keeps on coming back after a few days to a week. Driving me nuts lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas, yes the issue kept coming back unfortunately, driving me nuts too. Adobe PDF Printer keeps uninstalling also, I've just been using the Microsoft Print to PDF with no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hoping for a resolution from Adobe soon, I'm sure it's affecting a lot of individuals and probably companies now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! - that´s working.

I switch off this and I can create pdfs from emails again as usual.

However the solution below - by installing/copying fonts -  did not work for me without newstart (I guess not).

How stupid is that?? - exchanging the system font but they do not offer the font for download somewhere. Within "fonts" the font Aptos could not be found but after copying it here, it (stupid Computer) asked if I want to replace.

Well, if works again for a while - one more stupid daily issue is solved for the second.  😕

Best wishes to Microsoft and Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the OP BUT THANK YOU! This resolved it for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, really truly. This has been a road-block for our team for weeks and has been really frustrating. You just saved us a lot of headaches!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution, it is a bandaid.  How can I make that box "Rely on system fonts..." stay unticked? Doesn't seem to be a way within Outlook.  This seems like an Adobe issue - can it be fixed with an update to the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin?  C'mon Adobe - figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had an issue with this setting reverting. This is an issue with Microsoft not releasing Aptos as a system font. You'll need to install Aptos as a system font. This is what I've been sending to my users:

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Create a new email.
  3. Select the fonts drop-down.
  4. Make sure Aptos does not have a cloud next to it. If the cloud is visible, click it to install the font.Vivian36313220tb5z_0-1713191979208.png

5. Navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FontCache\4\CloudFonts\Aptos   (Replace <user> with your username)
  6. Copy all font files (.ttf) from here.
  7. Navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts
  8. Paste all font files here.
  9. The Aptos font should now appear in your Fonts folder

.Vivian36313220tb5z_1-1713191979212.png

1. Restart the computer.
  2. You may now print to Adobe PDF from Outlook with the “Rely on system fonts only” option checked.

I expect this to be fixed with a future update but this is working for my org for now!

Got the idea from here :Aptos font now default in Office Applications : r/sysadmin (reddit.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing this now in our environment since the regedit and printer preference setting get reverted after updates.

Can you confirm issue no longer occurs after installing Aptos to system fonts? I installed all variants of Aptos to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you - thank you - this solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Windows system, you can also use the Windows native printer "Microsoft Print to PDF," and you will end up with a PDF in the correct font.  Just be aware that Acrobat still won't have a matching font available on the resulting PDF to edit the text, but you can at least open it in Acrobat. 

Ross3540448360my_0-1707753042932.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely works, but just be aware that "Microsoft Print to PDF" creates files that are significantly bigger than Acrobat's. From some of my (informal, non-rigourous) testing, about 7 to 8 times as large. Even though we may effectively have unlimited storage now, sooner or later we may hit the unlimit, and smaller files are obviously better for downloading or as email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful tips, thank you very much. When will Adobe be ready?

--
Acrobat Standard (derzeit Pro) 2024 / Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is a little outdated at this point, but Adobe has since released a regfix, so that you won't need to make the change below for each job; remains fixed for all "Adobe PDF" print jobs:
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error--when-you-create-a-postscript-file-you-must-rely-on-system....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix PDF Printing Error
https://youtu.be/WE4_5HHpptQ

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How To Fix PDF Printing Error %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% Cambria not found, using Courier This video is for teaching and helping purposes, My goal is to help you save time so you can spend it on the activities that matter. If you like the video, then please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to make this permanent in preferecnes so we dont need to do it every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines