Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing default [change standard to tabloid]

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat.PNG

When I click on print, the default paper size is 11x8.5.  I want it to be 11x17.  How do i change the default setting?

[Edited by moderator for clarity.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Printer properties.  Hopefully your printer can support tabloid (11x17) sized paper. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it does. but when i change it, it does not stay at 11x17 it reverts back to 11x8.5. i belive the problem is with adobe there has to be a setting to keep it at 11x17. at one time it was set at 11x17 by defualt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@david7070 did you ever get this fixed? I have a similar issue when printing from Adobe Acrobat DC Pro from a MacBook (Monterey) to a large MFP printer. The printer has 11x17 tabloid paper, and I can change the print settings, but then Acrobat has the pdf defaulted to 8x11 letter size and refuses to print to any other size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which paper size is selected by default is controlled by the properties you've set to the printer driver. If this is a locally installed driver, this is done unter  [Control Panel] > [Hardware and Sound] > [Devices and Printers]. Right-click the desired printer and select [Printer Properties] (not to confuse with [Properties]!). Under the [General] tab click on [Preferences …] to define the printer drivers defaul settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @radzmar , appreciate the help, but I am on a MacBook. macOS Monterey, not a Windows machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines