Exit

Problem pdf in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem

I see in Chrome the pdf from a company correct, but when I save it en open it with Adobe Acrobat 8 I see the text very small on the pages. The pages it self are normal.

When I print the pages are not readble

The first png is how the pdf looks like on the screen.

The second one is how it liiks when I open the saved pdf or when I print it

Anybody a sugestion how I can get normal pdf's?

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Hi @Taxikemperman ,

If you are having the same issue when printing from all three browsers, try to print using the Microsoft Print to PDF virtual driver (just for troubleshooting purposes).

If the problem persists we can rule out wether the problem is related to Acrobat exclusively.

Also, would you be able to share the the website where these documents are downloaded from?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like it could possibly be your print settings. Check and make sure your scale in the print settings is set to 100%. 

How are you saving the original file? Are you using Chrome to save, or the Acrobat plug in? Or are you using the print menu and then saving as a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screen shots of the same page?

Don't save a pdf from a browser, download it and open it in Acrobat or Reader.

Acrobat 8 is pretty old, try downloading the free Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JessCampbell 

It is possible on more than one way

I can click on the print button in the form and printt from the wite directly to pdf

@Luke Jennings3 

I have to made sometimes my own pdf so I have still Acrobat 8

When you look to the saved pdf, you see that the top and bottom are correct, but the middle is complete zoomed out.

This is not a printsetting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sample pdfs look fine here in Acrobat DC and in Chrome. Did you install Reader to see how your pdfs look there? I think your issue might be with Acrobat 8.

Your sample pdfs appear to be created from Chrome (PDFium), are you able to download a pdf directly from the website? this might work better than saving from Chrome.

screen shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luke Jennings3I tried to install Adobe Reader, but when I start the installation Adobe want to remove Acrobat.

Oke I do not use it often and 8 is old, but this program is still working and free.

EUR 25,00 each month for a program what I use may be once in the 2 months is to expensive for me

I have use the print button on the site and print it to pdf. When I open it, it is not correct

I have download the file direct in pdf. Als not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat and Reader installed on my Mac without any issues. When you try to install Reader, do you see a question about removing Acrobat? Can you say "no" and complete the installation?  Reader is a very good pdf viewer. What is your Operating system? Acrobat 8 might not be compatible with your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Windows and like I said I work for many years with Acrobat 8 and I do not have any issues with this only by this company

If I try to work with this site on FF or Edge it is not possible to look in to de file. It is downloading directly and when I open it, it is not correct

When I start installating Acrobat reader I get this message

Installation error detected

To proceed with the Adobe Reader installation, you must first uninstall any older perpetually licensed versions of Adobe Acrobat from this computer

By clicking Continue, you agree to remove all perpetually licensed versions from this computer.

Exit                                                  Delete and continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Adobe wants you to remove Acrobat to install Reader, but perhaps it's a Windows thing. What version of Windows are you using? Perhaps a Windows user will chime in with a work-around to install Reader without removing Acrobat. I have attached two pdfs, one saved as PDF/X-1a from Acrobat and one Optimized, (selecting all discard and clean-up options), if you are able to view them correctly, you can probably use Acrobat 8 to apply the same changes. In Acrobat DC the steps are; File> Save as other> Press ready PDF> Settings> PDF/X-1a, and File> save as other> Optimized pdf. These tools might be in a different location in Acrobat 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

It is important to state on which version of Microsoft Windows are you on?

Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8??? 

32-bit? or 64-bit?

There are new experimental hidden features that have been intrroduced in newer versions of Google Chrome web browser that also use old PDF rendering technology that used to be exclusive of Windows XP.

Which version of Google Chrome is running on your Windows version. Please be specific.

What happens if, yo are able to use Microsoft Print to PDF virtual printer? Would you get the same results?

Conversely, you may want to repair the Acrobat 8 installation or try and adjust the Acrobat Distiller settings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro

FF 124.0.2 (64 bits)

Edge 123.0.2420.81 (64 bits)

Chrome 123.0.6312.106 (64 bits)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Taxikemperman ,

If you are having the same issue when printing from all three browsers, try to print using the Microsoft Print to PDF virtual driver (just for troubleshooting purposes).

If the problem persists we can rule out wether the problem is related to Acrobat exclusively.

Also, would you be able to share the the website where these documents are downloaded from?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website is locked

With printing by Microsoft it is working Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines