• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with copying text in Iphone Adobe reader

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have always used an Adobe Reader app on my iphone (and ipad) to open a certain pdf file, and to copy some of the text from the file. Simply requires highlighting the text and the selecting the "copy" option.

Recently, I find the "copy" option is not available when I try doing this with the iphone. I only get a "define" option. 

But with the same file, the ipad Adobe Reader continues to give me the the "copy" option, along with the "define" option. So the problem is not with the file. Indeed, I see this problem with any pdf I open on the iphone.

The file in question has password security, but which works fine on all devices. I can see on my pc (with Acrobat XI) that the same file has all Document Restrictions as "allowed", including "content copying".

As indicated, this problem seems to have started fairly recently, I am wondering if there has been some change to the IOS Adobe Reader app (or to the iphone IOS) that causes it?

Although I have a workaround solution using the "define" option, it is not viable, as it requires putting secure information on the internet, which is the exact opposite of what I want to do. Until a solution is found, I am going to try downloading and using a third party pdf reader app.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Hi,

Did you notice or can tell if the issue occured after applying the last available update for the Acrobat Mobile app?

OR,

If you are missing that update, what happens if you apply the last update?

In addition, if your iOS mobile device is missing updates, apply them too.

NOTE:

Sometimes, iOS updates may also affect Acrobat apps.

In which case, I would also check  with the Apple support forums or with your iOS version update release notes and see what could've change from the last

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you notice or can tell if the issue occured after applying the last available update for the Acrobat Mobile app?

OR,

If you are missing that update, what happens if you apply the last update?

In addition, if your iOS mobile device is missing updates, apply them too.

NOTE:

Sometimes, iOS updates may also affect Acrobat apps.

In which case, I would also check  with the Apple support forums or with your iOS version update release notes and see what could've change from the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Good questions.

I see in fact, that the update version on the iphone is very recent (23.01.00 (20230120.160005), while the ipad version seems to be older (21.02.00 (20210222.202444).

The IOS version (15.6.1) seems to have been made available (and so I probably updated) in August/September 2022.

Based on three dates above, the timing of the iphone acrobat reader app update looks most likely to be the "culprit".

Is it is possible to do a downdate of that app to see if makes a difference

In just in case is somehow related to IOS, as you suggest I will now update to 16.3.1 and see if that changes things.

[By the way, I now see there is an Adobe Reader IOS forum, should this have been posted there?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let me notify a moderator and see if they can move this thread over there to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Is_rbls.

Would also like to confirm that updating the IOS to latest version seems to have fixed the problem.

Appreciate your very targeted response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These iPhones are nothing but trouble. In general, I'm not happy that I traded an android for an iPhone. The system is too closed. It is absolutely unclear how to transfer video and I have to read articles like this one read more.However, I understand that personal preferences vary when it comes to smartphones. While some may find the closed system of iPhones limiting, others appreciate the seamless integration and ecosystem that Apple offers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines