• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems reducing size or embedding index

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was originally posted a few years ago, but got buried w/no answer.

I am having the same problem in a few PDF's .

A difference between my case and previous ones is that nothing is signed, and

looking at the Document security page, I see nothing is restricted.

Acrobat_2mcZkdXHae.png

I really didn't need to reduce size, but was trying to edit/highlight some of the existing text, but all
the tools to do that are greyed out, so I can't fugure out what might be stopping the changes...

Ideas?  I've never seen this before.

Acrobat_qKICf9z8wo.png

Astara_
=====

LATEST

Update...can't embed an index in the document either -- never have had that happen:

Acrobat_fRDYJDv1KQ.png

Acrobat_no index either.png

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated -- have never seen this problem before!....

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With December 2018 release of Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC, the embedded index in the PDF is no longer used for searching.

You should read this: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/enable-embedded-index-to-search-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update and the workaround!

Of note -- I was able to engage in normal PDF mods (including embedding an index) with PDF's from a different source (MS-protocols).  The problem seems specific to some

PDF's produced by other SW.  I had to start using another print-to-PDF freeware product to print to pdf's when my Adobe product started hanging on print jobs.  That one, and I think another browser "save page as pdf" option seemed to have problems with subsequent modification even though no security was set when looking at properties.

Strange -- must be some incompat, that didn't exist when the Acrobat print-to-pdf driver was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines