• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with binders being too large to work with

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat standard DC through my work. I have been using adobe for 15 years and something has changed over time. One of my main uses for adobe is to combine multiple pdfs together (I work with patents) into a large binder (10,000-20,000 pages) so that I can quickly page down through multiple documents. The process of making the binder used to take seconds, but now it can take hours. also, paging down through the document is not efficient as it takes time for the computer to catch up with every page. I have noticed that pdfs used to be just image files, but now they are text selectable. I think the file sizes are much larger and that is what is slowing the process down. is there anyway to make a binder with pdfs that are image only?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't speak to why you're having these slowdowns but your theory on images being faster than text does not hold up.

A full-page JPG can be 5 MB.

A full-page TIF image (my usual scanning output) can be about 20 MB.

A full page of text can be about 60-150 kb. 

I suspect that something else is slowing things down. I would guess it's something that needs to parse the text before you can see the text, but I do not have a clue as to what that could be. Hopefully, someone else may be able to shed some light in that direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines