Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR code generated elsewhere

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I've created a qr code via qr.io somehow thinking qr codes are so common nowadays - it'll be a one off creation which won't need to be paid for. Well that was a mistake and I've already printed some promo material with that qr code... 

is there a way to transfer that qr code to adobe and continue with free use? 
I'll appreciate some info. 

Many thanks 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start here (a Barcode field is also a QRcode field):

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-barcode-form-fields.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add it as an image to your PDF file. It doesn't matter where it was created...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise. I am not sure whether this can work - I basically need to duplicate the existing qr code because I have it printed on my promotionals and I need it to work (now it does not because I'd have to pay for subscription). I cannot create new qr code which will then link to this exisitng one. (Also I am not sure whether I understand if that's what you meant?) because all promo has been already printed. 

I will appreciate more info if you coudl spare a moment. 

Many thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katerina@katerina34959055pk60,

Some bad news: please don't shoot the messengers! We're just unpaid volunteers here on the forum.

You didn't buy a QR code from https://qr.io,  Instead you subscribed to a package of services tied to a customized QR code.

So when you stopped paying the monthly $35 fee, your QR code stopped working. It appears that the company embedded custom code in your QR that tracks whether your subscription is paid, who clicked the QR and visited the website, and other user data.

The QR you printed on your promo materials will work only when your subscription to https://qr.io is paid. You can't redirect the QR to a different webpage unless you resubscribe to the company's service. You can't edit or alter the QR, either. You are stuck with it.

From what I read on the company's website, your options are:

• Renew your subscription to the company and keep using your existing QR and promotional materials.
  • Throw out your existing promotional materials and recreate them with your own QR code, not something you purchase with a lot of strings attached.
  • Create a new QR code (a basic one, not specialized), print it on labels/stickers from your desktop printer, and put the stickers on your promotional materials to hide the bad QR.

The company isn't a bad one. I think that you might not have understood how QR codes are made, how they work, and what this company offers. From what you wrote, I don't think you need their services. You just need a basic QR that embeds a website address so that prospective customers can click the QR and go visit your website. Did I get that right?

FYI, many software programs can create a QR code for any URL website address, and they can do that in seconds. Adobe InDesign is one program that can, but there are many more. There also are many websites that will do it for free, too -- without all the exxtra services you unintentionally subscribed to.

Let us know if you need any more help with this.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does the existing QR code represent? 

A QR code conveys an information. As soon as you have your QR code, you can put that code where you want and use it as you want. If, however, you have enabled the tracker, you are using an additional service and it's probably that service you are paying (or are asked to pay) for. 

Abambo_0-1706015454455.png

There is nothing more to do. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines