• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on fillable form for download

Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a fillable form from a PDF that will be downloadable from a website. Is there a way for the person downloading the file to fill out the form and send the form back by email, but the originator of form not be able to change the information on the recieved form? I did a test send of the form filled out, but when I got the form back in email and opened it I could still click into the form fields. The Adobe help document on Creating and Distributing PDF forms was a little vague. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most secure way of doing that is to add a Digital Signature field to the form and set it as required (so the user has to sign it before submitting the form back), AND also set it to lock all the fields in the file when signed.

Both can be done via the field's Properties. The former is under the General tab and the latter under the Signed tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply try67,

Can it be done without adding the digital signature?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but it's not as secure. For example, you can use a script to set all the fields as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines