• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"a drawing error occurred"

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the message "a drawing error occurred" in Acrobat 9 Pro for no reason I can think of. Some pdf files are okay, others are not. I have to use Reader 9 to see the files Pro 9 will not open. Anyone with an idea on how to track the error - could it be a corrupt plug-in? Any clue appreciated as I am clue-less.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3323.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader 9 has the same rendering engine that Acrobat 9 does. An error for one should cause an error for the other. Can you post a problemsome file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael,

The AD & JA file I created in IDCS3 - okay in 9 Pro and Reader

The CA News file (received via email) was created from a Word document (assumed as receive this weekly and it used to be a word doc) - 9 Pro doesn't like this one; okay in Reader

The ETS file (received via email) was created by unknown - again assume Word - okay in 9 Pro and Reader.

I could ask the originators of the emailed files, if that info will help, but I suspect it is an isolated problem for me.

It started 'out of the blue' late last year and I did a reinstall of the program but no change (this is the second time that I have posted this problem).

Operating system is XP Pro SP3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a problem with having both Reader and Pro on the same system(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Ozzwoman9,

Sorry didn't reply sooner, been away.

Having both Reader and Pro is not the problem because I did not install Reader until a few days after I started getting the drawing error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same problem.  Have you found an answer.   I solved my problem by

opening the file in acorbat and reducing the size to be compatible with Acrobat 6 or later and it gave me a message that

a masking file was omitted and now i do not get the error when i download the file from the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines