• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An internal error occurred" anytime I get close to a .pdf in Windows 10

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any work-around to Adobe Acrobat freezing up and crashing, even before I actually open a .pdf? I just installed the software, but it's constantly throwing this issue in my face.

I can't even (right-)click or select a .pdf in File Exporer (latest build of Windows 10) without Acrobat throttling my system and opening an error window saying it "An internal error occurred". This sometimes keeps happening every few minutes, even when I am not scrolling through .pdf files or trying to manipulate any. Is it constantly trying to open up files in the background, and failing horribly? Because it looks like it. 

Any help would be appreciated. This is exceptionally annoying — especially when not interacting with .pdf files to begin with. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the first thing I would do is to ensure that the latest release of Acrobat is what is installed - check under the Help menu.  I would check for updates, and if there aren't any available, I would run the Repair Installation option there.  Even though it's a new install, I would hit those first.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I tried your tactic some time ago, but ended up uninstalling Acrobat, and I haven't looked back. 

Until today. I've had a clean install of Windows 10 a few weeks back, and thought I'd try this thing again. Acrobat DC is on the latest version, cleanly installed through CC. While typing this message, a total of three errors occurred, complete with highly annoying Windows error sound notification and all. I tried deleting some downloaded files (of which some were .pdf) and the barrage of errors dragged on for a bit. 

I think Acrobat just isn't for me, or my system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines