• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users got this error recently when she was trying to convert or combine Excel spreadsheets to PDF via the context menu.  We tried removing Adobe Standard DC and reinstalling it, and then running a full repair on Office 365.  When that didn't work, I disabled the COM plug-in in Excel, but I could not then *re-enable* the plug-in.  So I set up a new machine also with Office 365 ProPlus (16.08431.2242) and installed Adobe Standard DC (18.011.20038), and I continue to get the "An unexpected error occurred" right away.  However, if I open one Excel file and use the ribbon, the file converts just fine.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

For the record, it was finally fixed in the 4/12/2022 updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this problem with a customer as of mine as well now.  Windows 10 (10.0.19044), Office 365 (16.0.15629.20156), Acrobat DC (22.002.2012) and Creative Cloud (5.9.0.372).  I have tried all of the same steps as fjh241 with the same results.  I completely uninstalled both office and adobe (through creative cloud).  The issue only occurs while using powerpoint and doesnt matter if its a brand new presentation or an old one.  Has your engineering team had a chance to review the issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling back versions? Based on the numbers, it looks like you might be on the absolute latest of O365 and Adobe. I'm on O365 15601.20148 and Adobe 002.20191 and do not have any issues. Might be broken in the latest release? Do you have them both on 64bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When will there be a fix for this issue?  I just started experiencing the problem recently. 

Lori25676047jq58_0-1693605251006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

Have checked the com add-ins, it's toggled on. I have even uninstalled and reinstall it as well, still doesn't work. Kindly advice.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 171718.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eatwhite 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please try the steps shared in the correct answer https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-sdk-discussions/quot-pdfmaker-was-unable-to-produce-the-adobe... and see if that works for you.

Also, what is the workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF, please share the version of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread should be open back to Not resolved instead of resolved. What is the update/fix on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marco_CG  @eatwhite 

We are aware of this issue and its reported to our engineering team for review.

The fix will be available in the future updates.

Thanks for your tie and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marco_CG 

Hope you are doing well.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please try to update the application to the recent version 22.3.20258 or 22.3.20263 optional update (Windows Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines