• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Content Preparation Progress" how to prevent freezing?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a bot to populate fillable fields across several PDF files. 

My problem is that the "content preperation progress" window often freezes on "ready", which causes the bot to crash. 

asdf5C9A_1-1603131823324.png

I do not want to disable content preperation, because then adobe can not find the fillable fields. 

Are there any workarounds to preven this from freezing? If not, is there any way to permanently save the content read settings to a specific pdf file so that this window does not nead to run every time I open it? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described yoiu are getting the error 'Content Preparation Progres'

When setting up documents for reflow this message may be displayed. Changing the preference within Reading allows Acrobat to process the current page only.

Please refer to the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/message-content-preparation-progress-opening.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this...nope. Its freaking INFURIATING! never had this issue before...so whatever the heck you did, you just destoyed my workflow, it freezes everytime & I work with pdfs all...day...long. 

Looks like i'm canceling & going to another pdf editor if this isnt fixed asap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @mark27882485hrxy 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response.

Have you started experiencing this issue with the recent update? What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using ? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat > Preferences > Reading > Under Screen reader option , Page vs document Select 'Only read the currently visible page' > Click OK and check.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines