• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Create PDF" from Word document cuts the top off the page

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is exactly what's in the title. The Create PDF tool is doing everything else right with my Word document conversion - preserving the text & image quality, for one thing. However, it's decided that the page actually starts about a half inch lower than it actually does, and as a result all the content is shifted up by that half inch, which results in the top of my page being cut off and a blank margin being added to the bottom of the page. I've checked the page size settings and they're appropriately set to the US Letter size of my document, and I can't seem to find which knob in the settings to turn to make the problem go away. Any idea what the problem might be? I recognize this is just as likely to be a Word problem as an Acrobat problem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

I think I found the issue. Adobe Create PDF must have noticed that I had an empty header in the document, which it took as a cue to remove the header entirely. This also resulted in shifting the content up by the size of the header (0.5 inches). Because my content overlapped with the header, this resulted in things getting cut off. I could replicate this behavior in Word by choosing to remove my empty header. My "fix" was to put a whitespace character in the header in the Word file, which result

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found the issue. Adobe Create PDF must have noticed that I had an empty header in the document, which it took as a cue to remove the header entirely. This also resulted in shifting the content up by the size of the header (0.5 inches). Because my content overlapped with the header, this resulted in things getting cut off. I could replicate this behavior in Word by choosing to remove my empty header. My "fix" was to put a whitespace character in the header in the Word file, which resulted in the Adobe PDF maker rendering the page properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines