• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"error was encountered while retrieving page content"

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to insert a watermark into my document, but continually get the above error message. I have tried the work-around posted in Adobe community, but it doesn't seem to change anything and I'm still getting the same error message. It looks like the program is trying to FIND a watermark, and won't let me create one.  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Hi Lori

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you arn't able to insert watermark to the PDF and getting the above mentioned error.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to insert the watermark to the PDF file? Are you using the Watermark from a different file?

What happens when you try to add the watermark to the PDF using the Edit Tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? Please try to add the watermark as described in the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/add-watermarks-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you arn't able to insert watermark to the PDF and getting the above mentioned error.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to insert the watermark to the PDF file? Are you using the Watermark from a different file?

What happens when you try to add the watermark to the PDF using the Edit Tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? Please try to add the watermark as described in the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/add-watermarks-pdfs.html and see if that helps.

Is this a behaviour with this particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to add watermark? Please check with a different PDF file and see if its working there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your reply - after reading your message, I tried adding a watermark to a different document and it worked without issue. After trying numerous fixes, I accidently reached success - no idea how it happened, and doubtful I could do it again. I wish I could identify what I did that worked, but honestly don't know. I have tried so many different approaches (i.e., saving it with a different name, editing the pdf first and then saving, and re-opening, etc) that I'm not sure how it happened. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines