• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Last Launched" meaning in Device Activation Limit window

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Acrobat for PDF editing with my company, and recently my coworker tried to use a license for a new user and got the Device Activation Limit window. I said to kick off the one that says it hasn't been launched in 3 months, since they haven't been using it, but coworker says that date is the last sign in not the last use.

That obviously doesn't seem right (the help documentation itself uses the term "launch" to mean "launch an app") so I wanted to confirm. Is the date the last sign in, or is it the last time the app was launched?

EPA551_0-1656351567297.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Hello everyone,

Through some experimenting I found the answer to my question.

I launched Acrobat on one computer and fiddled around, saved a PDF, etc. Then waited a day to make sure the session would have been logged.

Then I tried to sign in to the same account on two additional laptops to prompt the Device Activation Limit.

The "Last Launched" date is the date that that device signed in to that account, not the date that device last launched Acrobat and did anything with it.

That means that even i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to sign out completely from the last computer that this user account was used before signing in onto another device.

You may also need to go online: https://account.adobe.com

Click on the tab "Accounts and Payments".

On that page scroll down to the section where you'll see active devices.

If there appears more than one active computer device associated with that account, remove those and only leave active the computer device that you're currently using to activate that subscription with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That doesn't quite answer the question. I am trying to determine the last time the license was used on the other device.

To that end, I am wondering if "Last Launched" on the screenshot refers to the last time a user accessed Acrobat with that license, or if it just refers to the date the license was signed in on that computer.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the link that I shared above allows the user to check in which  computer devices the user subscription in question was last used . It also shows on which computer devices it was activated on.

In this scenario, this normally happens with individual user subscriptions (yearly or monthly) in which Acrobat is  installed in more than one computer, for example.

The licensing requirement allows that, but in order to activate or sign in with the same user account the user must sign out completely from the last device that it was used before trying to sign in with the same AdobeID on a secondary computer device.

Another scenario that this could happen is when users have dual boot systems. In which case, the same Acrobat software is installed twice into two separate bootable partitions (each partition with a different operating system version in the same computer).

According to Adobe Helpx guidance an additional license must be purchased in order to deploy Acrobat in such way.

But if this is not the case then, Would you mind to be more specific about your licensing requirements?

For example, what is the exact Acrobat version that was  licensed in your organization?

Is this an enterprise environment?

And how did you installed Acrobat (through the Creative Cloud desktop app)?

In any case, you may want to start here:

I have more links for you, but please let us know a little more about your licensing type and the exact Adobe  Acrobat Pro version that is acting out.

NOTE: It may be possible that the license that hasn't been used for a long period could be deserialized (this is just a guess).

The link above includes more useful links on how to serialize your current licenses (but this is just another guess).

Here is how to reserialize with Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition (APTEE) tool if it applies to your case:

Also check if the Shared Device Licensing toolkit guidance below is useful as well:

Additional link of interest:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something very wrong here. The new user (your coworker) must have a new Adobe ID, right? And this new Adobe ID cannot possibly be already activated three months ago. Check that the new user is actually using their new Adobe ID, and not accidentally trying to reuse one which someone else had. If someone else had it, then the license has to be reclaimed, then issued to the new Adobe ID. Under no circumstances does anyone log in with an Adobe ID other than their own, not even administrators may do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

Through some experimenting I found the answer to my question.

I launched Acrobat on one computer and fiddled around, saved a PDF, etc. Then waited a day to make sure the session would have been logged.

Then I tried to sign in to the same account on two additional laptops to prompt the Device Activation Limit.

The "Last Launched" date is the date that that device signed in to that account, not the date that device last launched Acrobat and did anything with it.

That means that even if it says the Last Launch date was 2 months ago, someone may actively been using the account that day; it does not mean it is an inactive account that can be reassigned to someone else.

Sorry if my question itself was confusing. My perceived problem that was trying to be addressed wasn't what I was asking about; I just wanted clarification on how the date was populated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines