• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Request Signatures" locks up on "Uploading to Adobe Sign" screen. This has been a problem for weeks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click "Request Signatures" and input recipient's email address. The screen locks up on "Uploading to Adobe Sign". This has been a problem for weeks. I have tried every solution on these forums. It's clear a lot of people are having this same problem and nothing fixes it. Come on, Adobe. You are charging for this product, yet this is a very basic and important function that doesn't work. I know you will probably come back with the same scripted response telling me to do the same things I have already done, so please skip that. What I want to know is this: if there is really no solution available because this is a bug that Adobe refuses to fix, can someone please recommend another product I can use to send a document for signature? Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

We figured out that if you go into preferences and turn off the Sync preferences across devices document services in the preferences, Adobe Online Services. Give it a try....it worked for us. Boom, turned it off, tried to send, and it went through. Good luck folks!

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, Request Signatures" locks up on "Uploading to Adobe Sign" screen

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? TO check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation form the help menu (Win Only) and see if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows  or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Also try to send the documents for signature via Document Cloud https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do understand that the upload needs internet connectivity, and a Firewall that does not block the upload request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serious question: how stupid do you think the people using this forum are? Yes, Maargueritek, I am aware the upload needs internet connectivitya and it is not blocked by a firewall. Unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lmao preach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

The core problem is the AcroCEF.exe process. Several of Acrobat’s program functions (Save As, Send-to-Mail, Redactions, Requesting E-Signatures, etc.) seem to rely on this component, and when it hangs, the function’s window will only display a white box.

The problem started with Adobe’s September (21.007.20091) Acrobat update, and my users have also been running into this issue since then. We’ve tried all of Adobe’s suggested “fixes” on similar threads across this discussion board, but they’re only temporary. The best workaround we’ve found so far is to open the Windows Task Manager when the problem is happening, and force close all instances of the AcroCEF.exe process (there are usually several stacked together). Sometimes it works while Acrobat is still open and the blank box loads the proper contents immediately afterward, sometimes all Acrobat windows need to be closed first, any remaining hung AcroCEFs can then be ended, and then the document can be re-opened.

This usually restores functionality, but it’s only temporary until the problem happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the helpful response. Do you happen to know of any truly free program that provides a program where you can send a pdf to someone for signatures? I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I find one, I'll let you know. We've been looking, believe me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the same problem. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Force closing the AcroCEF.exe process doesnt work either

The version of Adobe is the latest. Have Adobe indentified a fix for this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

we are sorry to hear that. Have you tried try to send the documents for signature via Document Cloud https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ as described earlier?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, now the signature function is saying "An error has occurred. Please try again. Access token provided is invalid or expired."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James22060144iryt,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

Please let us know if you get this error when sending documents from the Acrobat desktop application or the Acrobat Online account.

You may try the following once and check if you get the same error message:

1. Sign out of the desktop application.

2. Then open the following link: https://secure.echosign.com/public/login.

3. Sign in using your Adobe ID and password (the one you use for the Acrobat desktop application)

4. Then go to the E-sign tab and select Request e-signatures.

Check if you can send the document without any errors.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't allow me to log in with my Adobe username and password even though my subscription includes Adobe Acrobat Sign. When I go to https://acrobat.adobe.com/ and click on E-Sign at the top, there is nothing but a blank page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, any updates on this? That link doesn't allow me to log in with my Adobe username and password even though my subscription includes Adobe Acrobat Sign. And if I go to https://acrobat.adobe.com/ and click on E-Sign at the top, there is no option for me to request e-signatures. I do see an option now for me to sign myself but not to send to others to sign. Please advise asap. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the options you get for E-Sign on the Acrobat Online account?

Please also share the email address in a private message that you use to sign in. You may initiate a private message using the envelope icon at the top right of the community page.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, a screenshot of the web app e-sign tab is attached. There are two options. When I click on either one, I can fill and sign myself but not send a document for signature to others. I sent you my email login via private message. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi, are you there? I provided What you requested above. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakashi, unfortunately, I must resolve this problem right away, so I'm going to start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James22060144iryt,

Sorry about the delay in responding, as I was on leave.

I have checked the email address shared in a private message. It is the same account that I was checking.

There seems to be some issue that must be checked at the backend. 

Please share the information that I have asked for in the private message.

Check your inbox for the private message.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have a document that I need to be signed today I created it and not when I request the signature it just sits and spins. I have tried 2 different computers and still no luck been trying to send this document ALL day. WTH?  the simple job turned into a very stressful situation if I cannot get this form sent for signature TODAY!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered similar issue even on the  latest Contomuous Release version 2023.001.20064. Hope Adobe will provide immediate resolution on this matter. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felipe28314989ipd1,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please confirm if the issue started recently?

Did you check if you can send the document via Acrobat online account? If not, please check using the following steps:

1. Open the link and sign in using your Adobe ID.

2. Go to E-Sign >Request Siganture.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Meenakshi.
This issue was observed as soon as we deployed this version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. I tried to more than 5 computers with same result/problem. 
With regards to the cloud or online version, we have no issues. The only problem is the desktop version.

Thank you and appreciate your kind  support and assistance.

Felipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felipe28314989ipd1,

Thank you for the information.

Would you mind sharing the screen recording with us?

Please share the OS version.

We may also require logs for this. Please use the steps suggested in the following help page: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi,

We are running on Windows 10 ENT 22H2 version.

Thank you for your continued support.

Felipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines