• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue on one particular employee. She receives this error ("Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt")

I have tried these fixes but have had no success.

I have fully uninstalled Adobe Acrobat through control panel, with CCLeaner, and Adobe Cleaner.

We also updated the Adobe and did fresh installs and even a repair but it did not fix the issue.

I also tried moving the plugin around specifically the Paper Capture plug in and it still gave the error.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this error?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.  Better and more concise info than the Adobe Help answer!  I just edited the file locations to reflect my version of Adobe (I have Adobe DC) but otherwise the instructions are exactly the same.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well! Thanks! This is something Adobe should have fixed by now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Thank you; this was driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me , Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm for me too thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

In there, there are a bunch of .dll files.  Copy them.

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there.  Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the craziest thing I've encounted in years.  I've spent about 5 hours pulling my hair out trying to fix this.  Uninstalled/Reinstalled 3 times before finding this fix.  Adobe shouldn't make us go through this misery for such a simple fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly for me as well! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the directions multiple times on copying the dll files to the "CORRECT" location and it STILL will not work.  Adobe, Get your STUFF together.  I have uninstall and re-installed Adobe, Rebooted after uninstalls, Disabled AV, all to no avail.  Does anyone have any other helpful ideas since the original posting is no longer available.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution you provided was spot on.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly- thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent fix. As stated previously, I used "Acrobat DC" in place of "Acrobat 2017" and it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelleybean78,

Your solution worked for me too like magic.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well! Only difference was mine was for Adobe 2020 instead of 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HALLELUJAH! This finally worked after several hours of frustration. I unistalled and re-installed several times and used Adobe Cleaner. I have no idea how or why this works, but Adobe really needs to fix this problem. I am glad I stumbled upon this solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bearbeiten von gescannten Dokumenten nicht möglich. Fehler: "10001 , dll , Einsprungspunkt, paper capture kann nicht gefunden werden"   --- Habe 3 volle Tage mit Adobe Support telefoniert ( 5 x deinstalliert und neu installiert, auch auf 2. Gerät. Einziger Ratschlag vom Support: " Das liegt dann an ihrem Windows, das ist defekt ".  Wir können nichts mehr für sie tun. Man gibt sich gar keine Mühe den Fehler zu suchen!

Jetzt ENDLICH  HILFE durch COMMUNITY  =

ALLE " dll - Dateien" aus Ordner " iDRs15l" kopieren und in den "plug in" Ordner des selben Pfades, wieder einfügen: ( Programme(86)>Adobe>Acrobat DC>Acrobat>plug ins>Paper capture>iDRs15) 

Perfekte Lösung innerhalb von 2 Minuten. Alle Funktionen laufen ohne Fehler. DANKE an die Community!   ---- P.S.  Warum behebt Adobe den Fehler ( Ablageort der dll-Dateien ) nicht im Programm? Schon seit 2018 wird unter google der Fehler  tausendfach beschrieben.  ---- Warum wird keine Fernwartung mehr ausgeführt?  Adobe ist das teuerste pdf-Programm mit schlechtestem Support ever!  LEIDER gibt es keine gleichwertige Programm-Alternative auf dem Markt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent an entire work day trying to fix it before I stumbled upon this
solution. It was a nightmare of a day.

*Ellie Wright*
*Office Manager *

*1-218-820-7521*
*pineriveragent@gmail.com *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just used it in 2021 and it worked as soon as I realized that Acrobat 2017 has been replaced. So I just searched for (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat) and when I got there, followed the rest of the instructions. Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, your explanation was so much easier to follow then Adove 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Worked for me as well! So grateful for the detailed information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the path and information, I am back in business!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines