• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue on one particular employee. She receives this error ("Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt")

I have tried these fixes but have had no success.

I have fully uninstalled Adobe Acrobat through control panel, with CCLeaner, and Adobe Cleaner.

We also updated the Adobe and did fresh installs and even a repair but it did not fix the issue.

I also tried moving the plugin around specifically the Paper Capture plug in and it still gave the error.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this error?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used this to fix mine! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too like magic.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to the genius that figured this out. It worked like a charm. Why didn't Adobe put these DLL files where they can be found? I followed this advice.

Navigate to this folder: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

In there, there are a bunch of .dll files.  Copy them.

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there. 

I leanred that the DLL extension means

DLL is a dynamic link library file format used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs. DLL files were created so that multiple programs could use their information at the same time, aiding memory conservation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too.  THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guy's and Gals, I have ran into this issue before, and again this afternoon. The reason, for me at least, that this happened is because of Multiple OCR Softwares installed on the machine. I uninstalled the "Iris OCR" that came with the HP Printer software and it resumed working immediately.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great fix!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had multiple copies of the HP Printer IRIS OCR software. Uninstalled them and Acrobat Pro OCR software immmediately started to work.

Great fix!

Thanks

Rick Klobuchar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The link provided for the purported fix is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix isn't linked anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines