• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Clicking the Sign button does not do anything

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, despite having a valid e signature. This is significantly impeding my productivity, thank you for looking into it. Please update if a workaround exists.

Recap:

1. Press "Digitally Sign"

2. Select area on document

3. "Sign With Digital ID" window appears

4. Valid company-issued Windows Digital ID is present and radio button is selected.

5. Press "Continue"

6. ID Preview displays correct signature/date

7. "Sign" button is blue, and reacts to "onlick" (color changes slightly when clicked).

8. "Sign as ______" window remains opened, despite multiple clicks. Other buttons (i.e. "Back", "Review", "Create") function nominally.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinb,

Sorry for the delay in response.     

As per the issue description mentioned above, when trying to sign a pdf using certificate signature, sign as windows remains open after the signature has been placed on the pdf, is that correct?

Could you let us know the application you are using- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat?/

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat or Reader using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here:  Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

As a workaround, please try the following steps and check if that helps:

Launch Reader/ Acrobat > click Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Creation & appeareance > More

Unchcek the box next to "use modern interface for signing documents..."

Relaunch Acrobat/ Readedr and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing the identical issue, using Acrobat Reader. I have the latest version, there are no updates available. It used to work perfectly fine, but recently I go through all the steps that kevinb has mentioned, and there is no movement upon clicking on the 'sign' button. It's been 3 years since kevinb posted this issue, one would imagine there is a solution by now. 

Unchecking the 'use modern interface' option throws up the following error - pkcs#11 error code 0x100

I am using a Mac. Please let me know how to solve for this. 

Siddharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to report that this does not resolve the issue for me. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (latest version) on a Windows 10 desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running into the same issue. At first I thought it was registry key, but it turns out that this a separate issue. Has anyone  made any headway on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines