• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording an action

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC. In a much older version, I could easily record multi-step actions. In this version, after I create and run an action, the next time I run the action on a new PDF, it asks me to repeat the same steps I took originally…no automation, in other words. Not finding any discussions about how to do that in this forum or with a general internet search. I'm sure it must be possible, and probably even simple.

Thanks for any tips or pointers to help pages.

w.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the option "Prompt User".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Bernd. I am not seeing a "Prompt User" anywhere in the process. Here's the report if that's useful at all:

[-]5256 DRS2005 copy.pdf(Succeeded)

Import a Layer

Command Name: Import a Layer
Command Start Time: 2022-11-07 12:28:10
Command Status: Succeeded
Command Finish Time: 2022-11-07 12:28:40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to edit the Action, then open the "Import a Layer" command on the right-hand side and make sure this box is NOT ticked:

try67_0-1667865623411.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'OH! Got it. Thanks for the extra-simple illustration, TRY67.

Next question (and the final one, I think) in earlier versions of Acrobat there was an "Add open files" option to the "Add files" command. Not seeing that in Pro DC. Is that also somewhere so obvious I can't find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't check right now, but I believe it should still be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the dropdown menu use "Manage Files..."

Bild2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Bernd. At the "Manage Files" window, I have the opportunity to chase down files just the same as I do at "Add Files" at the top of that pull-down menu. I think I'll wind up using the "Add Folders" option which is right below "Add Files." Most of the time I'm applying the action to a finite group like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines