• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Context Menu item

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove the Context Menu item for Combine files in Acrobat... when I right click on a folder in File Explorer?

Using Windows 10 vrsion 1809 and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.23Context Menu.GIF

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a part of Acrobat, I know of no way to stop it doing this, whether in the old unsupported XI, or current DC product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by "TestScreenName" above, its a default behavior of the application there is no way that it can be removed or customized.

If you would like to give your inputs about it, you may use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can your communications team be any less helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this reply is a little late, but you can unregister it in regedit.exe.

Start Button>type Regedit, make sure you export a back-up and make sure the Export Range is "All" (good habit to have), browse to <Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu>, or just Ctrl-F to find Acrobat. Once inside, double click the (Default) key and add "--" at the beginning of Value Data.

Don't have to save or anything, the change is immediate. Check by right-clicking your folder and it should be gone.

This is a non-destructive way of removing it. Re-enable it by removing the "--" and you'll get it back.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me a better key is (paste that into search bar in registry editor): Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu worked for me.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually the \*\shellex\ path affects the context menu of a selected file, while the \Folder\shellex\ path is for the context menu of a selected folder.

However this is my Windows 11 - 22H2 experience, and could be slightly different in windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this seems to be the better option for Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked Instanly Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great for me! Now the Windows 11 explorer doesn't crash everytime I right click on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfect thanks! Can't believe Adobe doesn't have an option to disable context menu items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1, I don't know why this isn't at the top of the page smh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines