• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Fillable Field

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have some PDFs that came with fillable fields, which I do not want in them. I know next to nothing about editing PDFs, so the Adobe instructions are incomprehensible. Are there step-by-step instructions anywhere that include pictures or are laid out in an incredibly simple way that show how to delete, remove or otherwise get rid of them? Everyting I have read assumes (what is to me) an advanced level of knowledge that I do not possess. Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Select "Prepare form" tool, then select any field/s you don't want and just press delete on your keyboard or right click on field and select delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select "Prepare form" tool, then select any field/s you don't want and just press delete on your keyboard or right click on field and select delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesa, you are a genius! Thank you so much for your help; it took about 30 seconds for me to do what I needed to do. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that there is one more issue I don't seem to be able to solve. This is the last issue I am having, so I won't be nagging you with more questions after this one!  

When I delete some of the fillable fields, the letter and characters are deleted, but the underlineing still shows. I cannot remove it via Prepare Form or Edit PDF.  In case my explaination is not clear, please see before and after screen shots below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with "Comment tool".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro use the redaction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nesa and Bernd,

Thank you again for your help, but I have had no luck with either of those methods. The comment tool just says "No Comments Yet" and the redaction tool doesn't seem to see the line. I have included a screenshot below. I am using V 2021.001.20135. Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "doesn't see the line"? The Redaction tool doesn't look for anything (except for text). You just it to mark text or an area, and then remove it. This is what you should be doing here. You can hold down Ctrl while using it to draw an arbitrary redaction area around this line (make sure it doesn't overlap with anything else), and then use the Apply Redactions command to get rid of it for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried it again and now there is a thick black line where before there was only a thin black line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Sanitize Document function of the Redaction tool and that solved the problem. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nesa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you using, including the exact version number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines