Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove password : multiple PDFs (Action wizard) - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I have created an action converting multiple PDFs to txt files.

However, some PDFs are locked

I can unlock a pdf, but I has to be one by one manually, and it is not convenient for me (~over 2 000 pdfs).

Is there a way to add a "step" in my already-existing action ?

I am open to solutions/suggestions already existing in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or a programming one (i.e. Javascript since we can import scripts)

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: If there's no way to achieve that directly via Adobe Proc DC, is there a way, at least, to ignore automatically this type of pop-up messages ? 

unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That would defeat the entire purpose of having a security password, wouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absurd though that I can remove the password (without knowing it) one by one via Adobe Acrobat Pro but cannot this to an action in order to apply it to multiple files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't remove the password in Acrobat without knowing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced Options > Remove Security  and it works perfectly cf. images bellow 

SAMPLE.png

sample1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also send you the pdf in case you want to try it yourself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this after you already opened the file using the file-edit password? If so, of course it allows you to do that, because it confirmed already that you know it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the pdf, opened it locally via APD and clicked on Protect>Advanced Options >Remove Security saved the file and launched the convertion action with no problems. 

Whereas, if I opened another pdf  (not secured), clicked on action wizard and then added all the files in the a specific folder and then run the convertion action, the pop up message posted here appears + next to the pdf name a parenthesis :  (SECURED) appears. 

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first senario (opening locally the files, and removing security from pdfs one by one), APD never demanded for a password not even during OCR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the file is not secured in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what could be causing the pop up message ? Is there a way to get a log file to better understand the processes ? 

It is weird as well, because the pop up message won't close as well. I have to either click many times or stop the action. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I'm not really following... What pop-up message? Maybe you can share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop up message :     

sample2.png

Sure the pdf is available here :  wormhole  

Thank you again for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see what you mean now. The application that applied the security to this file did a very bad job of it. This is not normal behavior. Basically, it just appears to be secured, when in fact it's not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see. Thank you.

So, given the fact that it's not secured and that I can ""unsecure"" it one by one, is there a way to do this for multiple pdfs ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try. Create a new Action under Tools - Action Wizard with an Encrypt command and a Save command. Then change the settings for the former and set the Security Method to None. Make sure to also untick the "Prompt User" check-box for this step, and run it on your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is what I ws trying to do :

a. but I haven't added a save command after the encrypt 

b. In case I add an extra save command right after the encrypt one, will adobe proceed the new saved files, or the ones opened initialy (i.e secured)? 

I am trying to have only one action, but if it has to be done with 2 separates ones, I am ok with that as well. 

sample4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it should work with just the one Action, but give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thank you again for your help and your time. I will give a feedback during the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, with the encrypt option (and setting it to none) the pop up message still appears. Thank you again for your time. 

If anyone else has a solution/suggestion, feel free to share it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you convert PDF to text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recognising text using OCR and then changed the output of save (action already exists in action wizard list, just modified the output)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the use of OCR you must enter the permission password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

In most of the cases, I don't know the password and I cannot find it elsewhere. Is there a way to just bypass the pop up message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines