Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requesting E-signatures doesn't send required text fields

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I am tring to send a document that requires the signer to fill in required text fields as well as a signature block.  However, when they receive it, it only prompts them to sign the signature block.  The text fields do not show up for them, even though they are assigned to that person's email.  Is there another way to get them to be able to see those fields?  I am sending it to them via the "request signature" button.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing how the other users are opening the PDF form? Please ask them to download the PDF to their computer locally and then try to open it using Acrobat/Reader DC application and check. 

You may also try to send the pdf form to yourself on a different email ID for testing purposes and see if that works.

Also, please share the PDF file in question with us so that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thank you for the response.  The problem persists - I cannot share the document as it is a contract.  However, they are simply clicking the link sent ot them from Adobe through the email sent to them when I enter their email to request a signature.  

How do we get a form to someone to fill out required text fields?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. the problem is the same for me, when I send it to another email address of mine requesting a signature - only the signature block shows up to be filled, the required text fields do not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please make the field as 'Not' required and assign it to the person who is supposed to fill the field and then try to send it for signature and check if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++ Adding to the discussion,

What are the users opening the PDF to sign with? 

A web browser? A mobile device or tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines