• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click "combine files in acrobat" not working

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I’ve noticed that the option to right click on multiple word docs or PDFs and select "combine files in acrobat" only opens Acrobat, not the combine function. Oddly, if adobe is already open then the right click option works fine. I’ve tested this on users with Adobe Standard and the function still works fine.

It is happening on Windows 10 machines with both Office 365 and Office 2013.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I identified the reason by myself then (64-bit system vs. 32-bit system). Nevertheless, for years, they did not address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a snob and the solution worked for me. I hope your right-click menu is still broken!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the cure. Combine Files worked for me on my server with Acrobat 2020. On my Win 10 laptop, I had to close everything to combine files. I went to the Programs menu in the lower left corner, found Acrobat 2020, right click, at the top of the list of file names was a "More" drop down. Left click "Run as Administrator" and problem solved.

Thank you gelobabes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Not happening for all Adobe Pro DC users, but some. Working but have plenty other users having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it curious (and frustrating) that a whole bunch of issues are surfacing that aren't isolated to a user or two, but rather quite a few... yet others don't ever see them, and can't recreate the problem to help troubleshoot.  I know different hardware, software version and operating systems all play a role in it, but still - it seems like there's a lot of this as of late.

I guess all we can do is hope for frequent and solid patches tobe released.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me
if adobe is already open then the right click option works fine. 
- if program is "run as admin" combine files doesn`t work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOOD NEWS, MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

I had to upgrade my Surface, and Adobe Reader decided to install the 64 bit version. Problem solved!!! The bug is isolated to the 32 bit version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, two years later!!

Nevertheless, thank you very much for updating this thread with your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem started right after IT installed a new computer for me just last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines