• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning to PDF in Acrobat - Where is the option?

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Acrobat Reader DC and it has an option to create a PDF but no options to scan.  It only opens a folder to pull an existing document and I need to do a paper scan.  I looked online and there are instructions for scanning paper to PDF with Acrobat but it doesn't coincide with the software I have.  Not sure if that's an older version of DC?  I did not install DC Pro.  Any advice is appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat can scan documents. It is not possible with the free Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I would be the inclined to go with the paid software but it's subscription based and there's no way I'm doing that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you haver a link for that?  The site pushes subscriptions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out it's $449 for the one-time purchase which is ridiculous.  I'm just looking for software to scan documents to pdf, that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth noting that many scanners can scan to PDF. Maybe not as well as Acrobat, but look into what you already paid for. You will NEED to install the scanner software in any case. Acrobat doesn't know how to talk to any scanners, your scanner app does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner is awesome at scanning using the document feeder albeit 15 years old.  The software that came with it was through Scansoft Paperport which was apparently purchased by Brother a while back and now is only available to Brother products.  I have a Xerox Documate 3220 and it came with Paperport as the interface.  Unfortunately I cannot find my CD of it.  I have tried a couple of options which includes Microsoft Fax/Scanner built in to Windows but it only scans to images, not pdf.  I also tried Microsoft website which had a third-party software called EZ PDF Document Scanner which is buggy and written by a very small outfit, probably one person based on their website.  Acrobat is too expensive, a one-time purchase is $449 and the monthly is $14.99 which is ridiculous for just periodically scanning some documents for my real estate service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There exists many free image to PDF converters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not willing to risk downloading free software.  That's like letting the trojan army into your system.  There's a reason it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying the most expensive PDF software in the world won't help you if you've lost your scanner software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution.  I went to Visioneer website and looked up drivers, then I downloaded the software interface versus the driver and it was able to connect to my Documate scanner.  It's not the same product but the GUI interface accepted my Xerox Documate...

Visioneer OneTouch 9450 | Visioneer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines