• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting checkboxes so if one is checked, others become unchecked

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the proper Javascript for buttons where if one is checked, the others become unchecked?

Sorry but I'm new to Javascripting but not to Adobe forms.

Many thanks!

JimM

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Hello,

Normally, "radio buttons" are used when you want to force only one choice and "checkboxes" are used when you want to allow multiple answers.

But if you still want to do it with checkboxes, rename all checkboxes with same name and different export values.

- Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Normally, "radio buttons" are used when you want to force only one choice and "checkboxes" are used when you want to allow multiple answers.

But if you still want to do it with checkboxes, rename all checkboxes with same name and different export values.

- Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Except when you want the end user to be able to untick a group.

Radiobuttons cannot be unticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gaurav, thank you for your incredibly useful answer. My ignorance was

#1) I didn't realize that a Radio Button field could display as a check (required by my customer) and

#2) the trick of different button choices.

Low and behold, the very Radio Button Properties dialog box 'Options' tab states this. I hadn't bothered try to use Radio Buttons because of #1.  

Thank you for being so kind to this neophyte. I promise to look at all of the different fields and their options before bugging anyone again too soon.

Many, many thanks!

JimM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines