• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security of signing PDF forms.

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently created PDF form with various fields which are to be blocked by specific signature fields. 

I presume that each of those blocking signatures secures integrity of document inclouding blocked fields. 

Just to be clear - I belive that last signature should that blocks every form field provides integrity of whole document - is that correct. 

I just want to double check if I am right. 

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact behavior do you expect when you say "blocked"?
What you can expect is that a PDF signature validator that supports the MDP (Modification Detection and Prevention) mechanism will show the signature as invalid after those locked fields have been changed somehow.  Normal form filling tools also should not allow their user to change those fields.

What you cannot expect, though, is that it is impossible to change those fields. The format PDF by design allows adding arbitrary changes in incremental updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Łukasz374361620df9,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the delayed response.

If you send the document for signature, you can assign form fields to individuals. Only the assigned individuals can fill out those form fields.

After the document is signed by all recipients and submitted, there are no changes can be made to that document. 

Hope that answers your doubts.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines