• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking a Simplified Approach for the Submit Button

Contributor ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a more straightforward method for implementing the submit button in PDF forms. The current process is confusing and involves multiple steps, which can be challenging for the average user. Specifically, users find it difficult to navigate through the various Acrobat steps required to attach and send the file.

Additionally, the form needs to ensure all required fields are filled before submission. Is there a way to streamline this process, possibly by having the user sign the form to make the fields read-only but not flattening them, because I have to use the filds to do some calcualitions later.

Could anyone suggest a more user-friendly approach or any tools and techniques that can simplify this process?

Thank you for your assistance!

image (2).png

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to a web-server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a website, but I'm not sure which information I have to use to upload the form to the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that what Try67 is getting at is that it is much easier and straight forward for the user to submit to a server than to email. But to do this you would need to place a script on the server to process the submit.  It's actually quite simple to use the server to forward the submited data as an email. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Thom Parker , @try67 

I don't have any experience with web servers or adding scripts to them. Some of my clients have websites but are also unsure about these processes. I'm trying to make the PDF form easier for both of us. It would be great to learn more about this. If you have an article or resource on the topic, could you please send me the link? I'd love to learn more about what I need to do with the server and the script I need to write in the PDF form. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have any material on this topic. Server scripts are a bit outside Acrobat Programming. However, there is a fairly simple PHP script that can be used to forward submission data as an email. But is has some requirements and details that make it less than trivial to setup and get working.  

Contact me through www.pdfscripting.com if you are interested in a solution. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Thom Parker Will do soon,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines