Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting files in explorer with Acrobat Reader installed make computer freeze

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Selecting files in explorer with Acrobat Reader (latest version) installed make computer freeze (not responding).

Selecting a different default reader, like Chrome, for PDF does not fix the issue.

Uninstalling Acrobat make the problem go away. It come back when I reinstalled Acrobat again.

I've tried to install different versions, the issue remains as long as Acrobat is installeed on computer.

How do I solve this? Not looking to reinstall the computer as a solution, I wan't to fix the problem if I come across it again.

Thanks!

Best regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

can you share the exact version of your operating system and software? some details on your hardware would help.

when you say 'Selecting files' is it when you try to open the files or just highlighting them?
Can you list the exact steps you take so we can try to reproduce your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an image I saved during troubleshoot. It's the genereal msinfo32.

As you can see the user is running Win 11 Pro. The issue is when highliting the files in explorer. I'm not trying to open them.

I need to connect to computer to get the versions of Acrobat, they should still be in the donload folder, I'll get back to you with that as soon as I've get hold of user.

MARIA264023178g3u_0-1704366677232.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not getting a response from the user, maybe he is still on holidy.

The steps I went through are as follows.

• I stopped and started explorer from Task Manager.
  • I ran these in CMD
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • I did chkdsk /f
  • I ran sfc /scannow
  • After all this i noticed it was only when I selected PDF files that the system froze (not responding)
  • I tried to change default app to chrome, didn't help
  • I uninstalled Acrobat Reader, system work fine
  • I installed a different version of Acrobat Reader, system froze again when selecting PDFs
  • I uninstalled Acrobat Reader and tol user to use Chrome until we have found a solution to his problem
  • Here we are

Like I said earlier, I don't have the different acrobat version I used since I haven't got in contaxct with the user yet but these are the steps I took.

Hope you can help me, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines