• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature graphic going behind form field so not visible

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sign a PDF form by inserting an image of my signature (a transparent png)  using Acrobat Pro 2020.

However when I place the image over the form field where the sig is supposed to be displayed, it appears behind the form field instead of in front of it - even after selecting the sig and then selecting Arrange > Bring to Front on the right-click menu.

PDF attached so that you can see the problem.

How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help

Dave

TOPICS
PDF , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hhmm, that is interesting. Apparently the Acrobat App pulls the form field widget over the other annotations. Probably to prevent arbitrary annotations from covering form field fill-ins (which strictly speaking is what you're trying to do) and so mislead the next viewing user in regard to the actual form content (which is not your intention).

Ok, I see two options:

• You can configure the form field properties and set its fill color to none. This allows any image (be it in an annotation or in the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Form fields are always on top of the document content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaveRado , just to clarify. The white rectangles in your screenshot, they are:

1. just white rectangles 
  2. or signature fileds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't attach a screenshot, only the PDF I'm having a problem with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sign a PDF form by inserting an image of my signature (a transparent png)  using Acrobat Pro 2020.

However when I place the image over the form field where the sig is supposed to be displayed, it appears behind the form field instead of in front of it - even after selecting the sig and then selecting Arrange > Bring to Front on the right-click menu.

As @Bernd Alheit already hinted at, AcroForm form field widgets are annotations, and annotations are always on top of the static page content.

In your case the "signature field" is an AcroForm text field (which is quite weird unless a typed name is considered a sufficient signature by the form creator) with an opaque background, and you add the bitmap image on top of the static page content. Thus, the signature field covers your image.

How can I fix it?

In addition to adding the image to the static page content, you can remove that form field. Then the bitmap image should be visible.

Alternatively you can add an annotation containing your image. This new annotation can be lifted above the form field widget annotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MikelKlink 

Re, your suggestion "ou can add an annotation containing your image. This new annotation can be lifted above the form field widget annotation."

How do I do that? I've looked it up in Adobe help but can't see how to do it.

Thanks 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is there any way to edit one's posts here if one has posted a typo? I can't see an edit button anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how exactly it is done in your Acrobat Pro 2020 version. In the current Acrobat DCI can use a custom stamp for that.  In the "Add a stamp" tool you can define a custom stamp, e.g. with your signature, (Custom stamps --> Create) and then use it to add signature stamps. Don't forget to loock it in its properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MikelKlink 

I thought that was how I'd inserted the sig in the attachment on my original post, but just in case it wasn't, I've definitely inserted my sig using a custom stamp in the PDF I've attached to this post. however, I still can't see any way of bringing the sig to the front. The option to do so isn't on my right-click menu. Any ideas?

Dave 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - if you preview the attachment it looks as if the sig has been brought to the front - but if you download it and open it in Acrobat you'll see that it hasn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hhmm, that is interesting. Apparently the Acrobat App pulls the form field widget over the other annotations. Probably to prevent arbitrary annotations from covering form field fill-ins (which strictly speaking is what you're trying to do) and so mislead the next viewing user in regard to the actual form content (which is not your intention).

Ok, I see two options:

• You can configure the form field properties and set its fill color to none. This allows any image (be it in an annotation or in the static page content) underneath to be visible.
  • You can use a push button instead of the stamp annotation, set it to icon-only, and select your signature as icon. This button now can be positioned over other form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MikelKlink 

• You can configure the form field properties and set its fill color to none. This allows any image (be it in an annotation or in the static page content) underneath to be visible.

The form field was still semi-opaque when I tried that, as shown in the attached screen capture. The sig was visible but didn't look right.

• You can use a push button instead of the stamp annotation, set it to icon-only, and select your signature as icon. This button now can be positioned over other form fields.

That works like a dream! Many thanks.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works like a dream! Many thanks.

That's great!

Unfortunately Acrobat here does not behave according to the PDF specification (probably to prevent misleading, creative usages), so one cannot tell from scratch exactly what to do but instead has to experiment a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines