• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution to "Bad Parameter"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for the thread titled, "BAD PARAMETER Error when Deleting Pages in Acrobat".

To fix the "Bad Parameter" issue and maintain bookmarks do the following (I have Adobe Actobat 9 Pro):

1) Open the corrupted file

2) Click File

3) Then Combine

4) Then Merge Files into a Single PDF

5) The corrupted file should show up in the Combined Files screen

6) Add any other PDF file that isn't corrupt, prefferable just one page (move the new file to the bottom)

7) Hit Combine Files

8) Follow any prompts and save the new file.

9) Open the new file and delete the new page(s) and any new bookmarks.

Sorry for posting it here but I couldn't figure out how to reply to the original post.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI,

Here was the original post.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1167915#1167915

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure is how I was able to fix my PDF too. I was getting the error when trying to replace pages, but the error may occur when replacing, inserting, or deleting pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save as file to postscript format and then distiller i hope your problem is solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In these instructions ... I opened the corrupted file, when to FILE, and to my dismay, there is no option to COMBINE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place both documents on your desktop.Highlight both files. Right-Click > Combine files in Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks .......!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the dreaded "bad parameter" message when trying to replace one page of a complex 532 page PDF.   I created a new clean one page PDF and appended it to the end of my big PDF and then tried the replace command again. Success!  Then deleted the appended clean PDF.  All good.

This solution works. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working in Acrobat DC and had multiple issues with "Bad Parameter" when trying to delete one page and I tried your method and it un-locked that page. My document was over 2200 long, so this really helped. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and just figured it out on my end for Acrobat Pro DC.

File/Properties/Security

update security method to "No Security".

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same pb after deleting many blank page from the thumbnail pan.

I found a weird a weird solution to fix this : I when I get the error I just click on the page thumbnail (left pan) and then close the pan and then hit crtl+S and it works (the error comes back on that doc, but at least you can save you highlights or delete pages)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BAD PARAMETER REALLY RESOLVED...

Wow, I can't believe how many users have been affected by this, and no one from Adobe has jumped in and explained how easy this is to fix!!  The reason this error comes up is the TAGS that are embedded BY LAW for the handicapped.  Here's the fix to this terribly annoying issue...

• On any page of your document, go to the far left of your screen, and right-click in the gray margin strip.
  • Click on "Tags".  A box will appear with the Tags icon in it.
  • Right click on the Tags icon and navigate to "Delete Tag".  Click on this button.

THAT'S IT - YOU'RE DONE.  IT'S FIXED !!   EASY AS PIE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Acrobat 9 Std and Acrobat Reader DC Ver. 2019 and I have yet to find anything called "TAGS" or any TAGS Panel in either program. So what gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I did manage to fix my "Bad Parameter" issue, but not with any of the solutions presented here. Basically, instead of inserting the replacement page file into the master file, then deleting the page being replaced (which gave me the BAD PARAMETER error), I inserted all the pages of the master file into the replacement file, deleted the page being replaced, moved the replacement page to its proper location using drag and drop in the Pages Panel (which actually does exist), and used save as to overwrite the original master file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuuey!

You're an Adobe genius!! That worked and couldn't have been more simple. Another solution that my incredible woman suggested, which also worked like a charm, was to save the PDF as a Word docx, then just convert it right back to a PDF.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW.  After spending more than a half hour trying the ADOBE way to Combine files etc... and spending time trying to speak to their Customer support ppl, I came across this!

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!!! @Stuuey  It worked like a charm!  Forget the other posts on the Bad parameter. You all should be using this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP ME! I can't find a solution anywhere! Even Adobe Support Staff are stumped! I keep getting a "bad parameter" error from my submit a form button. It will not send to email. Please help! I am on a deadline and I can't seem to figure this one out. Also, there are no youtube videos or anything in the support community to address this. This is not a scanner issue or deleting pages issues. This is directly from a submit button. I've tried it on many different forms and I keep getting the same response. THANK YOU in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error, entirely different problem. Deleting pages and submitting a form won't be the same issue. Can't recall ever seeing this on submitting a form. You might be first to find it. Suggest you post a new message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was super useful;!!!!! Thanks a million.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can't find a solution to my issue. I tried everyone from these comments above and still getting the message on the screen saying Bad Parameters. I also created a new Word document, save it as a PDF, then Open it again, Click on Prepare Form, and Add the Submit button with mailto:'myemail', etc. Can someone please give me some directions here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, this is beyond unacceptable. All i did was edit some lines inside of the PDF, which is why I subscribe to this lame app. If it's not going to be able to save, then what's the point. Refund my sub on this app. Do they test anything there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to export illustrator file into pdf format..It says Bad Parameters.

Please solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rashida, this is a different problem, and it is a problem with Illustrator NOT with Acrobat. Details and a fix here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/acrobat-pdf-file-format-is-having-difficultie...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

DEAR GOD THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines