• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stamping / Formfields / Excel csv

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have carefully built a PDF form in InDesign, and when all PDF files are filled out by users (For example 250 pcs.) I also know how to export them all to an Excel CSV file. In order to ensure that completed data follows other material, the PDF files must be numbered before hand so that the person filling in the form knows their journal number. I have figured out how to stamp them with a number. It is important that this identification number is included in the Excel CSV file. You can turn the stamp number into a form field, but can you do it on all 250 PDF files in a batch process perhaps with javascript?

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, what kind of PDF animal is this "number stamp"? Is it a stamp annotation, or something else? How is it applied to the PDF?  

It would probably be best to put the number into a form field at the time it is originally applied to the PDF, so it's automatically included in the CVS data, and no post processing is necessary. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a simple sequential numbering from 1 to 250. The number is used to identify images send along with the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had to insert the number in the form field, could I do it on all 250 PDF files and lock the field at the same time so that the user could not change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just hide the field, and set its Export Value to the desired number, so it's not affected when the form is reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but how it's done depends. 

In the first post you state, " I have figured out how to stamp them with a number".  How exactly are you doing this?  

The answer will also inform us on how to get that number in a field.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines