• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop New PDFs Opening after Creation and Save As Dialogue - Convert to Adobe PDF -

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Windows 10, I can right click Word documents in File Explorer and convert to PDF using Adobe's "Convert to Adobe PDF" button.

How do I

• Stop a Save As dialogue window popping up for each Word Doc?
  • Stop each created PDF opening in my default PDF viewer?

Thanks,
Rob

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

The Convert to PDF option is using the Adobe PDF 'printer'. The settings can be found in Windows Settings for this printer (Printers & Scanners > Manage printer > Printing preferences). Here you can select a default output folder and turn off "View Adobe PDF results"

MartB_0-1590568656229.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

We assume you are working with Acrobat DC?

How do I

• Stop a Save As dialogue window popping up for each Word Doc?

Are you referring to the dialog box appears to decide the word document's location while converting a pdf file to word? If yes, this is a default behavior of the application, which can not be changed. After conversion application would ask for the desired location.

Stop each created PDF opening in my default PDF viewer?

What is the default pdf viewer to open pdf? Is it Acrobat or some other? There has to be a default pdf viewer to open .pdf file format. If its not Acrobat then it would be some other app which supports .pdf format.

You can right click on pdf and select open with.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way to have a feature request made so that the save location does not need to be asked for each time?

Same to stop the newly created PDF being opened automatically.

Thanks,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

You can surely use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Convert to PDF option is using the Adobe PDF 'printer'. The settings can be found in Windows Settings for this printer (Printers & Scanners > Manage printer > Printing preferences). Here you can select a default output folder and turn off "View Adobe PDF results"

MartB_0-1590568656229.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you STOP Adobe from opening a pdf when a .doc is saved in Word as a .pdf?  Microsoft says it's on your end.  Y'all say it's on their end.  When I save a .doc as a .pdf, I just want to go to the folder and drag it into my email, not look at the .pdf I just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reaching out.

When you create a PDF from a Word application, please use the following steps to stop the application from opening a new PDF:

1. In the Word application, click on the Acrobat ribbon.

2. Select Preferences, next to Create PDF option.

3. In the Adobe PDF Maker window, unmark the "View Adobe PDF result" option under the Settings tab.

4. Click on the OK button at the bottom of that window to save the changes.

MeenakshiNegi_0-1647420952115.png

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy. There is a tick box to enable / disable converted documents showing on creation.  Convert your document in adobe, a pop up box appears to let you choose which folder to save the document in, well there is a tiny tick box 'view results', just untick this and it will not open Word etc, tick it and it will. Simples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines