• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit button keeps on sending to wrong e-mail address.

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I have a submit button that I created.  At first I used my e-mail address to submit the form.  My e-mail popped up, but nothing was attached.  In the URL block I put:  mailto:chaplaindale@gmail.com.  I have deleted and recreated the button and it still seems to submit to my e-mail with nothing attached.  So I tried the javascript submit option posted on the community.  The javascript part works OK but it still wants to send it to my original e-mail and the present attachment shows the javascript option.  My original e-mail isn't on the form anywhere.  I have recreated the button and even rebooted my computer.  I just want to send the form to a specific e-mail after the end user fills it out and not to my e-mail.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Dear Try67,

I changed my preferences (which I had no idea existed) to cootiecourier@lotcs.org.  Now it sends the PDF to that address.  That's awesome!  Now my next question is:  When another person fills out the form, will it be sent to my e-mail address?  That is what I would like to happen.  This form will be available for the end user to fill out when I put it online.  Attached is the form that works now!  Thanks and have a blessed day!

All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the attachment appear in the email draft? If you use the mailDoc method in your code or the built-in Submit a Form command a file will always be attached to the email that's generated. It might get stripped by an email server once you send it, though.

To specify a target email address in your code use the cTo parameter, which you left empty, for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Try67,

I have tired to do as you've said to no avail.  I have even redone the form.  Somehow it still finds my chaplaindale@gmail.com. e-mail address.  I have tried to use my "FormToEmail2.php" file to send it.  For the php file GoDaddy rejects it.  I have tried what Stephanie suggested also.  Attached is the javascript file PDF.  I'm still working on it.  I thank you for both of your help.  Have a blessed day, eh?

All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it will send the file from your email address, as it's the one you have set up in the application (under Edit - Preferences - Email Accounts), but for someone else working on another computer that won't be the case. It will use whatever email address they have set up on their machine. This is normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Try67,

I changed my preferences (which I had no idea existed) to cootiecourier@lotcs.org.  Now it sends the PDF to that address.  That's awesome!  Now my next question is:  When another person fills out the form, will it be sent to my e-mail address?  That is what I would like to happen.  This form will be available for the end user to fill out when I put it online.  Attached is the form that works now!  Thanks and have a blessed day!

All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will send the file to the email address you set up in the code, whatever it might be.

It sends the email from the email address in your local settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Try67,

I sent the form to my wife and on her computer when the submit button is selected a webmail dialog box shows up with a few other ones.  So, what do I need to do to make the form go to my e-mail when the end user fills out the form?  Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean by that. Post a screenshot of what you're seeing, please.

You don't need to do anything else beside what you already did, basically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Try67,

The wife's at work.  So, I'll have to get a screen shot later.  I'll send it to someone else to see if it works.  Have a blessed day, eh?

All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the issues you are having with the Submit button try opening the properties of the button and remove all the actions.  Then as try67 suggested instead of the Open a Weblink action try the Submit a Form action, make sure to select the PDF Complete Document as the Export Format and put the mailto: with the correct email address.  If it still doesn't work...the answer may be to start over.  I noticed with an issue that I had with the Screen Reader not reading hyperlinks that I had to rebuild the form in order to get the links read.  Clearly I messed something up in the first iteration and I wasn't able to find it in order to fix it.  I hope that isn't what you have to resort to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines