• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text callout tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click to highlight text within the text callout tool, the highlight doesn't show up, so I can't see what I've selected. And when I type over text in the callout text tool, what I'm typing isn't visible until I've clicked outside of the tool.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text highlighte tool does not highlight text - it creates an arrow in the mouse press, and dragging the mouse (w/ the button still pressed) allows you to specify where the text box (attached to the arrow) will be.  It doesn't highlight the page's text.

callout1.png

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I'm talking about the text within the callout tool. For example, if I wanted to select Comment#1 within your comment above, it would not show the text as highlighted, so I would not know if I had selected all or part of the text prior to replacig it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - interesting. I can highlight that text and it shows as highlighted.

callout2.png

I'm using Windows and the latest Acrobat Pro DC 

version 20230212.png

Which OS and version do you have?  If someone else has the same configuration, maybe they can reproduce your issue.  We'll see.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS Ventura 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I don't have a Mac in my shop, so someone else with your configuration may need to weigh in to see if the issue is a shared one.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue same OS. so frustrating! Once I type in the text call out box, I cannot go back and edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having an issue with my text callout boxes.  On screen they show up in red border and text (default) but I have highlighted a bunch of text in the document as well.  When the document prints, the box and text inside are printed in highlighter rather than opaque red.  How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines