Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text fields show a signature box when clicking on the text box

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can no longer click on a text field to fill it in. A prompt for a signature shows up and I cannot figure out how to make it go away. I am now having to use the tab key to edit those fields. These fields are NOT signature fields, nor were they edited as a signature field. How do I make it stop prompting for a signature for every single box?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. A bug from the recent update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a solution/workaround: Solved: How do I make Adobesign ignore pdf fields? - Adobe Community - 10017139

Still super annoying though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't solve this problem.  That just gets rid of the form fields all together, making it even more useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I remade the form fields after flattening, I didn't have the signature prompt anymore. It is more work but it's the only way to reach the end goal that I have found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mfoley0184 and David34119913j48m,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

Please check and let us know if the issue occurs with all the PDFs. Did you start experiencing this behavior after the recent update? 

It would be helpful if you could share the PDF form with the issue and the screen recording of the steps you take to fill out the form. Also, share the Acrobat and OS versions currently in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to many people this week, there were several threads posted yesterday about this issue.  It's not specific to any certain PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each new version of Acrobat adds bugs to those in previous versions.
It's getting dramatic. When will this game of massacre stop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue. everytime i open a past pdf that i was able to edit i cannot. Every feild box automatically goes to a signiture box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!!!! i have so much work and can't do any of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Benjamin36836607x93x 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

This issue has already been reported to our engineering team for review.

We will share the update as soon as we get any information.

Thanks for your understanding

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue and it is extremely frustrating.. The work is piling up, I am on deadlines.. Please fix the problem Adobe. Can I please have an update as we are now at the 24/4/24 and no updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue and it is extremely frustrating.. The work is piling up, I am on deadlines.. Please fix the problem Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience so far.

The issue has been resolved. Please reboot the machine and then relaunch Acrobat.

Then, wait for some time and try to fill out the forms again. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines