• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text formatting changes when editing

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a file with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro for editing, the edit box, instead of bounding each sentence, bounds each individual word.

If I wish to change text colour, size, font etc, I have to do this for each word instead of a whole sentence.

This never used to happen before I enrolled in the subscription service.

Have I somehow changed settings or something.

Very annoying.

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no settings you could have changed that affect it. Editing PDF files in this way should be a desperate last resort, if absolutely no other options are available to edit the file. The best way is to go back to the original file, edit it and then create a new PDF from it.

Second best is to export the PDF to an editable format (Word, InDesign, etc.) and then do the steps above. Third best is probably recreate the file from scratch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for every file I open, not one or two.

I am in UK, while  my graphics and printing are done in Thailand.

I edit the files they send, and they make the corrections in Thailand, so I am sorry, your suggestions are impractical.

The real question is: why is this happening?

Is it something that happens to you?

Why has it only started to happen since I have used a subscription service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who created the files? In what format?

I can't answer your last questions. My guess is something changed in the way the application interprets text blocks and/or in the way your files are created, which caused this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro sucks and so does the subscription.  I have to change the editing EVERY SINGLE TIME i want to do something in a PDF.  Acrobat 9 used to remember your last setting and would always use that.  I feel Adobe just cares about money, not customer service or support.

YOU SUCK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point it is we shouldn't have to take an original PDF created in Adobe and redundantly recreate it brand new in Adobe if we have the progam arguably designed and intended to edit its own PDFs. The Adobe program created to edit Adobe program documents messes up its own formatting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like this feature as well, it would be nice to be able to have a default so I can set my text color from black to red without changing the whole PDF to red using the assessablity preference. There is no way to save just my text color preference when making notes on the pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines