• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text from word not italicized properly when pdf'd

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a word file to pdf using Adobe Acrobat DC, some of the text does not show up properly italicized as they are in the word document. This only happens on my PC. I have a coworker that will do this same action and the texts pdf's properly italicized. I cannot figure out why this is happening only to me.

When I use the Print to pdf method everything is fine, except I loose my hyperlinks. I have to use the Save to pdf option. Please help me figure this out.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the PDF Maker (it's in the ACROBAT ribbon in Word "Create PDF" button, and is part of the Acrobat installation), that would be your best bet for converting from Word to PDF, in my experiences. If your installation offers that option, give it a try.

I hope this helps.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I have tried that as well. I get the same results, some text that is italicized in word does not come over in italics in the pdf.

Thanks for your input though,

Banita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you maybe using a peculiar or 'broken' font/typeface?  The PDF Maker generally does a good job at keeping the doc's fidelity intact.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I have never had this issue before and I have been doing documentation with word/adobe for over 15 years. Anything is possible in this case. Do you know how I can check that?

Thanks,

Banita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Word, highlight the text that isn't converting properly, and see what typeface is being used.  I might also try (after a 'Save As' so you don't mess up your original) to change to a similar typeface and try to make a PDF from that version... just to see how it behaves.  Sometimes folks copy text from another source (web, another Word file, etc.) and when they paste it, they keep the formatting of the original, and this can cascade into formatting problems.  You might try to turn off the italicization of that text string, and reapply it. Typeface issues can run deep.  I will often remove all formatting from inherited content, just so I can put on a clean formatting set without it overwriting what was there before.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typeface is fine. This happens on freshly typed text. I have noticed that it is happening to certain styles that are built into the word template. That may be the root cause there.

Banita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you've done a Save As first, you can experiment away.  It does seem like a Word issue from your description.  Good luck. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and figured that instead of saving the word file as pdf, print the file and select "Microsoft Print to PDF" from the list of 'printers'. It worked for me.

posting even it's years late, maybe some might still find it helpful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow i needed this today. thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines