Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text to speech - change language

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change det voices in adobe acrobat to other languages??

Screenshot 2.jpgScreenshot 1.jpg

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hello Smit,

As per the description above, you want to change the Text to Speech-language in Acrobat, Is that correct?

You need to install the additional languages in your OS's Text To Speech (TTS) preferences. Acrobat/Reader uses the engines available on your system.

You may also refer to the following help docs for more information and how to change the language Can Adobe Reader read out loud in French/other languages?

Accessibility features, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Feel free to update this discus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

It is worth noting that your document's language should be set to the language you want it to be read in. If it is a Greek text document, the doc language should be set to Greek.

maxwithdax_0-1654734574251.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Smit,

As per the description above, you want to change the Text to Speech-language in Acrobat, Is that correct?

You need to install the additional languages in your OS's Text To Speech (TTS) preferences. Acrobat/Reader uses the engines available on your system.

You may also refer to the following help docs for more information and how to change the language Can Adobe Reader read out loud in French/other languages?

Accessibility features, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get  Acrobat to read out loud in Greek - I have  a Greek pdf with Greek characters - the  language is set to Greek in preferences - advanced - language. I have installed Greek in windows 10 - settings - time  & language . It is not my default viewing language as I will then no longer be able to use my system as I do not read or speak Greek. however, it is listed as the first  language under preferred languages and shows as the default app language, Language pack installed. I have selected Microsoft  Stefanos in text to speech in the speech tab. Still  the pdf reads English [gobblygook] from the Greek  pdf  text. What  must I do to get it to read  the Greek text in Greek?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem but with French language. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to change the default language of your source document to the language you will want the screen reader to use.

Do the following:

• Before saving as PDF you need to change the Editing Language of Word.  
  • File> Options > Language > Select French (Canada) and click on “Set as Default” 
  • CyndyB836_0-1644617570892.png
  • You will need to close and reopen your Microsoft Word and continue with the instructions to save as a PDF. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Open a powershell script as administrator and type/paste the following:

Try this:

$sourcePath = 'HKLM:\software\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Voices\Tokens' #Where the OneCore voices live
$destinationPath = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens' #For 64-bit apps
$destinationPath2 = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens' #For 32-bit apps
cd $destinationPath
$listVoices = Get-ChildItem $sourcePath
foreach($voice in $listVoices)
{
$source = $voice.PSPath #Get the path of this voices key
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath -Recurse
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath2 -Recurse
}
It solved the problem for me (the Dutch TTS not showing up). If you download a new language in the Windows settings rerun the script. Huge thanks to https://github.com/hiepxanh for finding this solution originally. 

It solved the problem for me (the Dutch TTS not showing up). If you download a new language in the Windows settings rerun the script. Huge thanks to https://github.com/hiepxanh for finding this solution originally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following to see if there is any answer. Interested in either Greek or French text-to-speech within Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Isn't Adobe doing something to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with geting Swedish tts. The default "correct" answers in this forum isn't helpful. We have installed the aditional laguage in OS's tts, but it wont show up in the adobe settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

$sourcePath = 'HKLM:\software\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Voices\Tokens' #Where the OneCore voices live
$destinationPath = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens' #For 64-bit apps
$destinationPath2 = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens' #For 32-bit apps
cd $destinationPath
$listVoices = Get-ChildItem $sourcePath
foreach($voice in $listVoices)
{
$source = $voice.PSPath #Get the path of this voices key
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath -Recurse
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath2 -Recurse
}

It solved the problem for me (the Dutch TTS not showing up). If you download a new language in the Windows settings rerun the script. Huge thanks to https://github.com/hiepxanh for finding this solution originally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my cellphone I can read the PDFs in all kind of languages, but not on my computer. I want to read PDFs in French but don't know how. Is there a simple way of doing it, because I am not familiar with this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is worth noting that your document's language should be set to the language you want it to be read in. If it is a Greek text document, the doc language should be set to Greek.

maxwithdax_0-1654734574251.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines