• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be saved. A number is out of range.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a dedicated thread for this particular error. But first message in that thread was created in 2018! 

I am using Reader DC 2022.001.20112 on MacBook Pro with M1 chip and 16 Gb RAM with macOS Monterey 12.4 and trying to save PDF with some comments added to it. I can't save document because of "The document could not be saved. A number is out of range." bug.

This bug appears from time to time, sometimes restart of Acrobat helps but all unsaved comments are gone so I have to write them again and again. 

At this particular moment I was so angry so I started asking if adobe programmers have taken any computer sciense classes at all and adviced them to start with Harvard CS50 (it's free, they can watch it on YouTube) but I calmed down and just politly ask for fix of the four years old bug.

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

I solved the problem by uninstalling adobe acrobat and installing Foxit PDF Reader instead. It works fine without any need to follow any steps or any instructins.

I personnaly can advice it to work with PDFs without any troubles. https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

The “A number is out of range” error occurs when Acrobat finds some problem with the underlying structure of the PDF file. Please follow the steps provided on the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/a-number-is-out-of-range-error-viewing-pdf-deleting-pages.html to resolve the problem.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by uninstalling adobe acrobat and installing Foxit PDF Reader instead. It works fine without any need to follow any steps or any instructins.

I personnaly can advice it to work with PDFs without any troubles. https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget all the advice you are given and simply open it with edge or chrome browser then save it and hey presto.

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer actually works and is the only answer I have found outside of downloading a 3rd party software. Adobe needs to come up with a solution for this issue rather than a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines