• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar icons missing

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icons (i.e. Print, Save) on the toolbar will not appear.  Also, when I right-click on the toolbar to select "Show File Tools" the arrow on the right is missing.  However, if I click on Show File Tools a secondary list does appear but nothing happens when I select one.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

I had a similar issue after reinstalling Acrobat 2022 Pro DC 64-bit on a new build with Windows 11 Pro 64 OS, where most of my Quick Tools toolbar icons were invisible (clicking on empty locations would open them).

I suspected it was a display issue, and I found that the new clean install of Acrobat had entered my Dell monitor's icm settings into the 3 options for Color Management in the Preferences menu; i.e., RGB, CMYK & Grayscale.

Resetting these to default Acrobat entries allowed all the mis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Would you mind sharing the exact version of the Adobe application you are working with?

If possible, please share the screenshot of the application behavior you have described above. 

In Addition to that,

Install the latest update of Acrobat/Reader once, and see if that makes a difference:

Open Acrobat>help>check for update

Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html and reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it made no difference. I check for updates daily, but there aren't any. I've spent more time trying to solve the mystery than I care to admit.

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC; Version: 22.1.20085.0. I attached a screenshot of what the toolbars look like from any tab/view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble caused. 

This issue has already been reported to our engineering team for further investigation. Our team is looking into this on priority.

As soon as we'll hear some updates from them, will keep you posted. 

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? This exact issue is happening to me. Have tried re-installing, acroclean, etc, no change....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. My tool icons disappeared from the right side making Adobe Acrobat Pro 64 bit totally useless. I am on Windows 11. see screen shot. Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FPCuser 

Thank you for highlighting this to us.

Looking at the screenshot shared above, it seems the UI of the Acrobat doesn't display correctly. 

Hence, all the options in Toolbarand rhs Tool-Pane are unavailable. Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If you are already on the latest version and then it's causing this issue, so,

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application's file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work. I have deadlines, need to get work done with PDF's. If not resolved in next 30 minutes I will have to look for an alternate to Adobe.

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FPCuser 

Sorry to say this is a known issue and has been identified as a bug. Our engineering team is currently working on it and looking for a fix.

As soon as the fix is available, we'll keep you posted. We would appreciate your patience on this.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FPCuser ,

There are two approaches that you can test with.

The first approach is to test reset Acrobat Preferencea to defaults:

And the second approach to this problems is to create a new user account on the same computer.

Once the user account is good to go, sign in and deploy Acrobat normally.

If everything works fine with the new user account we can narrow down the problem to user policy or a registry setting directly related with your current user account that may be  affecting your Adobe Acrobat version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate a 50% credit on our subscription because I cannot use Adobe and my associate has to log in to do my work on her machine so neither of us are as productive as we should be.

David Ginsberg, Director of Sales
Furniture Pro Corporation, 355 Spook Rock Road, Building i, Suite i-503, Suffern, NY 10901
Office: 845-362-2061 Cell: 845-290-2501
d.ginsberg@furnitureprocorp.com www.furnitureprocorp.com<> Furniture Pro on Instagram<>
Upcoming Away Dates:
Passover, Wednesday, April 5 through Thursday, Apr 13
[cid:image001.png@01D9574B.2D3741A0]
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is meant for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing, or copying the email. Please notify us immediately of the error by return email and delete this message from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe Customer Care directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone wrote the words below on the link you sent but it is how I feel. I can't spend my day fixing this. Please give me a sure answer.

"We pay for your crappy products and should not have to be tech wizards to make it work. That is the job of you geniuses at Adobe. Why be respectful? You do not respect your customers. I'm paying monthly for a product I can't use, but documents come to me in PDF that I can't read any other way that I know of. I also have to be abe to edit them. I'm not 20 years old anymore and do not want to learn a new profession (IT tech.) So fix your damn program yourself. For 35 years I put out fires and rescued puppies when people called. I did not tell them to put out their own fires or to ask the "community" to do it. Because I was a professional."

David Ginsberg, Director of Sales
Furniture Pro Corporation, 355 Spook Rock Road, Building i, Suite i-503, Suffern, NY 10901
Office: 845-362-2061 Cell: 845-290-2501
d.ginsberg@furnitureprocorp.com www.furnitureprocorp.com<> Furniture Pro on Instagram<>
Upcoming Away Dates:
Passover, Wednesday, April 5 through Thursday, Apr 13
[cid:image001.png@01D9574D.8BDC4FF0]
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is meant for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing, or copying the email. Please notify us immediately of the error by return email and delete this message from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, And very sorry to read that.

I wish I could be of more help, but I am just an Adobe customer like you and many other members of this community trying to lend a helping hand with voluntary contributions.

Hopefully Adobe may work something out with your organization.

Please contact Adobe Customer Care to rebuttle payments or refunds, these public Internet forums can't help you with the financial aspects of your subscriptions.

By the way, whatever you did in the past during the course of 35 years, thank you for your service (I truly mean that Sir).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue after reinstalling Acrobat 2022 Pro DC 64-bit on a new build with Windows 11 Pro 64 OS, where most of my Quick Tools toolbar icons were invisible (clicking on empty locations would open them).

I suspected it was a display issue, and I found that the new clean install of Acrobat had entered my Dell monitor's icm settings into the 3 options for Color Management in the Preferences menu; i.e., RGB, CMYK & Grayscale.

Resetting these to default Acrobat entries allowed all the missing hidden invisible tool icons to reappear everywhere.

I hope this relatively easy, but frustrating without any similar Acrobat Forum solutions, may help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines