Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch-pen in adobe acrobat documents

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Id like to ask if there is a specific setting which recognizes my pen faster, as for letters like w, s or o for example there is an initial lag phase which messes up the letter finally.

From my experience if i write in word, the writing feels much smoother and more instant.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

aa

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @androidale 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20380  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your response, I hope youre doing well too.

Following your suggestions I have no improvement whatsoever, and I think it's easily shown in the attached gif.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

 I know that Acrobat is not attached to Illustrator, but I want to mention that my stylus works fine in Ai, and yeah as mentioned also perfectly fine in Word. So it must be some specific issue for Acrobat, wonder if it can be easily fixed though? Also because I didnt find any othr posts about that. I had given up on that already 4-5 years ago, but indeed it would make the note-taking part much easier and smoother.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alessandro,

Please go to Preferences (Ctrl+K) > General > Under the 'Touch Mode'  Toggle between 'Auto detect' and 'Always' and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I have checked that field previously on 'always', and also changing it back to 'auto detect' doesnt help.

Is this only a problem related to my PC's then? (it was the same on my previous ASUS, and now with the new one it behaves the same, cannot be RAM as I just have switched it to 32gb, and cpu is an amd ryzen 9, previously it was an intel 7)..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to create a  new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them with us for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I tried to do a new admin profile and the outccome is still the same.

It is not visible on the gif below, but I tried to deactivate the touch-mode at all as it seems to interfere with the screen even though the pen is on it. So after restarting Acrobat, it did not seem to be inactivated, hopefully this gives you a hint.

You have my log dates, please let me know how it goes!

best, aa

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2).gif

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*edit: i just see that my adobe settings were not displayed on the previous gif, but basically i was switching the touch mode there, as you suggested in your 2nd answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the link of the log files so that we can get them checked with the engineering team.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, but i got only a filenam and no link i can share:

AdobeLogs_20231130_081444_837-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Thanks for sharing the details. Please give us some time to get them reviewed by the engineering team. 

We will share the update soon.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines