• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to make a form but I don't need responses. Is that possible?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a form for contractors to use multiple times. So I am using it more as a template for them but I like having the required fields to make sure they don't miss any info. But I really need them to be able to save their answers and send in an email along with other paperwork. So having them submit a form and getting their responses will make the process much more difficult. Is forms the best option or am I wasting my time? 

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to submit the form. A form is just a PDF and you can use it just about any way you want. You are however limited by the functionality of the viewer where it is used. There is a lot you can do if you can ensure the user is filling the form in Acrobat Reader or Pro on a real computer. Adobe Reader on mobile devices is more limited, and browsers and 3rd party viewers are mostly useless.

If you want to ensure required fields are filled, then you'll need some scripting.  Which will only work on the desktop Acrobat Reader/Pro.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++ Adding to @Thom Parker always valuable guidance,

If instructing your users what to use to view and fill this PDF becomes a hassle, you should employ Adobe Sign in this workflow, it is intended for managing template agreements and reusing them as needed.

For instance, Adobe Sign allows the users to share the PDF back and forth with you, and for you (as the creator of the PDF document) to track the progress while the PDF is in-transit, allowing you to make changes or corrections on the fly without an email service in-between each transaction (document management).

In addition, using Adobe Sign to share your PDFs with your contractors would facilitate them to be able to fill and sign the documents from a mobile device (or tablet) or a full desktop computer (regardless of operating system , Windows, macOS, Linux) using any supported web browser to view the PDF;  and without the need for your contractors to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on their computing devices in order to work with your PDF template(s), nor the need to purchase a subscription of Acrobat Pro.

See more features here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines