Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn on labels for toolbar icons?

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have customized the top toolbar so that it shows the tools I use, but I can't find a way to show labels on the icons, other than hovering over each one. How do I turn on icon labels by default?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - there even seems to be a setting for it... and it isn't woprking for me either!

labels-1.jpg

I'll keep poking around to see if there's a way to get the labels to show.  Used to work!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function will only add empty space under the toolbar:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Still not showing up. 
amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a nice bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe: For those of us having learned to read, how do we turn on the text labels for the toolbar icons? For example, rather than looking for a square with an "A" in it, how do we get the program to display the associated hover label for "Recognize Text..."

Many of your users have the ability to read and it would be preferrable to use the program in a post-preschool education configuration. Stated differently, I don't really care how cute your labels are. I just want to do my work without doing battle with Adobe PDF and trying to figure out which smily face or frowny face icon translates to various functions.

This thread has been open for 1.5 years. How is there not a solution to such a basic issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you enable the Button Labels?

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly... that option is grayed out unless there is an active toolbar showing at the top!

buttonlabels.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree that turning on --> “view” --> "show/hide" --> and "button labels" would be a sensible approach.

Here is an image of me attempting to do just that. It’s not selectable due to being grayed out. And when I add a custom menu button bar which sometimes makes the option available, selecting it does literally nothing. 

It is almost as though the application is trolling me for a laugh. As in ... "Hahahaha, you paid good money for a professional license to upgrade from Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 and now its worse!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What happens when you enable the Button Labels?"

Nothing.

I was only able to use this function once and it didn't change anything, now it's greyed out and restarting Acrobat doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Button Labels works:

Bild1.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My option grays out when  I do NOT  have a toolset (across the top) visible. When activated, it only adds the labels to the individual visible toolbars... not the row of always visible tools. This behavior does seem a  bit odd. You'd think  ALL  icons for tools would be affected.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How has this not been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines