• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing in text box is invisible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am marking up PDFs and whenever I create a text box with the text box tool so that I can make a comment, and then try to type in the box, I can see the cursor moving along as if I am typing but I cannot see any text. I have tried to change the size of the font, thinking it might have been set at a very small size, but that doesn't work.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Is the type color set to white? do you see a little white box in the text properties box? If so, click on it to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the type color set to white? do you see a little white box in the text properties box? If so, click on it to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

OMG!! I never thought to check that, and you're right, that was the issue.

I don't know how it got changed

but I'm very grateful to you for solving it.

Louise

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

Thank you so much for this suggestion. Somehow the text color had been changed to white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got a solution and its working for you now.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louisew,

As mentioned, while typing in the text box text aren't visible. Is it happening with any specific document or none of the PDF allowing to add text? Are you using Acrobat or Adobe Reader DC? Or did you try making

I can see the cursor moving along as if I am typing but I cannot see any text. I have tried to change the size of the font, thinking it might have been set at a very small size, but that doesn't work.

Have you checked the font color as well? Is it selected Black not White?

If all setting are correct, then you may check the application's version. Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat Reader or Check for update.

You might need to repair installation. Acrobat>Help>repair Installation

Let us know if this doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is my text not typing on the bottom of my text box on a preprinted line for it.  I placed the text box directly on top of this line and the text doesn't want to rest on the line, it just floats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, BUT the font colour is set to black (not white). I tried changing the font colour to blue, as a test, but that didn't work. Please advise. I just downloaded the software yesterday to a computer that belongs to me personally, so there should not be a problem with the version. Also, I have plenty of experience with Acrobat in my line of work, so I'm not a brand-new user. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I Can see the typing only after I click outside the box. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a same issue with my new version of 2023.006.20320. I couldn't find the text box anywhere, please help! I always use them from the older version from the comment tab but the new does not have it. This is what my Adobe looks like...Screenshot 2023-09-15 101506.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem.  I still haven't been able to figure out what is the problem.   Any one can tell us how to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines