• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to combine pdf files locally

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to redownload my creative cloud apps due to a new computer, but with the Acrobat Reader DC, I can no longer Combine Files locally. It's requiring that i go online, upload the docs, combine them there and then download them back. What am I doing wrong, and if this is the design, why would Adobe create extra work to accomplish a simple step?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't combine files.

Install and use Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use Acrobat Pro DC to do this sort of function.  Reader and Acrobat Pro have long looked very similar (intentionally), but it is easy to be in Reader, thinking you're using Acrobat.  Look at your Title Bar across the top of your document.  It should tell you the file name (if open) and the application name.

TITLEBAR1.png

Be sure you are logged in to your Adobe account too.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. It is indeed Reader, but I know my old computer had Pro - is that not available on CC? I didn't see Pro when I searched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it in the listing of all apps (see below):

DL_Acro.png

Does your list look similar?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I see the word Pro is not on display!  Be sure to log in to your Adobe account so it can potentially confirm your subscription.  If the app knows you're 'official', it should enable all the goodies that Acrobat Pro offers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! I'm still logged in to CC (double checked) and it still doesn't like me. is there a different way to log into the acrobat application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper right corner of Acrobat/Reader, click the thumbnail for your account.  I'd try to Log out from there, and then log in with your Creative Cloud credentials.

Let us know what happens - and good luck!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I am signed in, but just signed out and back in. It's still making me go online and upload docs to combine 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines