• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to fill out forms in Acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an issue where a user is unable to fill out forms in Acrobat semi-frequently. There are occasional times where they can fill the forms out but then the form box turns a darker blue, and the option to fill out the form is greyed out. 

adobe.PNG
adobe2.PNG

TOPICS
PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me today too!  Very annoying as I'm working on rolling out a revision to one of our forms- literally today.

What I've found is that if I hit "Tab" on my keyboard, i can tab thru all the form fields and fill them out, but if I try to click in any, I am experiencing the ams thing OP is, and can't typpe in that field unless I hit "Enter" on the keyboard first.  I All of my drop down boxes are also affected when I click them, the drop down expands only for a microsecond, then automatically collapses, so it is impossible to make a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users have posted the same issue. Looks like some kind of Acrobat update screwup. 

I believe the problem was fixed by performing a "repair" and then switching to the old Acrobat UI. 

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/form-filed-now-always-e-sign-field/m-p/14559431

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the repair alone, and that didn't work.  I don't want to have to revert back to the old UI after getting used to the new one, nor do I want to guide all of our users to do that either lol.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the "new UI" has had a wide range of issues from the beginning. It wasn't ready for release when they released it, and things haven't gotten better. This recent issue shows that things getting worse. You are much better off switching to the old UI.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you on most points.  I wonder how long the old UI will continue to be available.  That's one of my fears, if I switch back, knowing my luck, they'd axe it tomorrow 🙂

Also as of this moment, this is only happening on my DC Pro on my main machine, and not on my DC reader on my virtual machine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you on most points.  I wonder how long the old UI will continue to be available.  That's one of my fears, if I switch back, knowing my luck, they'd axe it tomorrow 🙂

By @Kizashi72

Irrelevant, as long as it is there. And it will probably still be there for a while, but, I guess, it won't evolve.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still appears on old Acrobat UI. I am able to tab through the fields on the form so that is a temporary workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I just tried reverting to old UI too, to just see what would happen, and you're right, issues still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

This is a known issue and our engineering team is working on it.

The ix will be available in the future updates.

Thanks for understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for your patience so far.

The issue has been resolved. Please reboot the machine and then relaunch Acrobat.

Then, wait for some time and try to fill out the forms again. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue, and it still persists on my end, even after restarting. It's currently on version 24.1, which seems to be the most recent one as far as I can see. I've been using my browser to edit and then download PDFs, which is not a sustainable solution at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to make sense that just restarting will solve the issue. There must be a new update being pushed to solve it. Try forcing an update via the Help menu and see if that sorts it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, I thought the same thing, but tried it nevertheless. According to the updater, I have the most recent version installed. Repairing the currently installed version also didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sporadically, Adobe does not push the update simultaneously for all users. However, @Amal.'s message is weird as they do not say what version solved the issue. Just that you should reboot. As I agree that a reboot can solve intermittent problems, like memory clogging, it never magically corrects bugs in software. Either there is a library Adobe depends on, that needs an update, or there is a new Acrobat version that needs to be pushed. I agree with @try67 !

The only possibility to assure a clean version is installed on your system is to uninstall, run AcroCleaner and redownload and install Acrobat.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theobromin,

Thank you for reaching out.

This issue was resolved from the backend. It should work after relaunching and then waiting for some time in the same version 24.002.20687. The other users have confirmed it is resolved for them.

However, as the issue still occurs on your, could you please try once reinstalling the application using the steps suggested below:

-Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).
-Reboot the machine
-Install Adobe Acrobat from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html. 

Let us know if the issue still occurs. We will get this checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing is happening to me. I am trying to fill out a government form and it's shutting me out. I have no control over the options on the form. I have a Macbook and none of the fixes work for me.

Adobe needs to repair this! I feel like they don't even care about Acrobat anymore. It's SO buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines