Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Standard if Reader is installed

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to install Acrobat Standard on a user's machine that has a recent install of Acrobat Reader. When Standard installer is run it will try to uninstall Reader completely with the message that it is not compatible with an installed product (Reader).

If the Reader installer is run when Standard is installed it requires Standard to be uninstalled.

techt79653314_0-1670427227602.png

Looking at the extracted MSI files it seems that the Reader install files have AcroPro.msi, and not the usual AcroRead.msi. And when installed the Product ID and Reg keys are the same for both products.

Reader:

AcroRdr.JPG

Standard:

AcroSt.JPG

Has someone in the Acrobat Reader product team updated with the wrong source files? Or am I missing something fundamental in how these products should work with each other? Maybe someone can help.

Thanks

Alex

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I add that this install was done with Standard being packaged from the Admin Console (VIP) and the Reader being downloaded from Enterprise Distribution, so both currently available downloads. Also the machine tested on is a fresh Win10 build (22H2 19045-2251 VM) with no previous installs of Adobe products or outstanding installs. But I have also experienced this on user's machines that have recent Acrobat Reader already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines