New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

Adobe acrobat Pro 2020

Can´t open .jpg files

Error message (message box):

"Adobe Acrobat could not open 'file_x_jpg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sen as an email attachment and wasn´t correctly decoded).

To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF."

This has occured  this day and have been possible before. Tried to repair in Windows Program installation. Try to associate with another application (Photos) and than back. Had restart the computer two times.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Dear Amal. Thank You. I´m sorry for late reply. I´m not so good express my self in English. The complete story is that I use Acrobat, not deeply but anyway a lot, both professional and private, also being support for my wife in her small company. Acually I´m in action with the above Acrobat 2020, Acrobat 10 at work as lighting designer, very useful for odd purpose and also at my private computer I have DC. Three versions, and the fuzzy thing was that only the 2020 changed to unable opening graph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the jpg file with Acrobat pro 2020 and getting the error 'Adobe Acrobat could not open 'file_x_jpg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sen as an email attachment and wasn´t correctly decoded).

To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF'

As described in the error message, please try to create the PDF out of the jpg file first and then open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and see if that works for you.

Acrobat Pro 2020 is used for working with the PDF documents. Few things you can do with Acrobat 2020 are:

• Instantly edit scanned documents: Turn paper scans into editable PDFs with automatic font matching, so new edits blend right in.
  • Create protected PDFs: Create high-quality PDF files from Acrobat or popular Microsoft Office apps. Add restrictions to prevent others from copying, editing, or printing sensitive information.
  • Edit PDF text and images: Use a familiar point-and-click interface to edit PDF documents intuitively— right within Acrobat.
  • Export PDFs to Office: Convert PDFs to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats while preserving fonts, formatting, and layouts.

• Work with Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive: Access, edit, and store files in your Dropbox, Box, or Microsoft OneDrive account while working in Acrobat 2020.
  • Sign anything: Fill, sign, and send forms fast with smart autofill.
  • Delete sensitive information: Find and get rid of text, images, or even metadata—permanently.

For more information about Acrobat Pro 2020 please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq-acrobat-2020.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Amal. Thank You. I´m sorry for late reply. I´m not so good express my self in English. The complete story is that I use Acrobat, not deeply but anyway a lot, both professional and private, also being support for my wife in her small company. Acually I´m in action with the above Acrobat 2020, Acrobat 10 at work as lighting designer, very useful for odd purpose and also at my private computer I have DC. Three versions, and the fuzzy thing was that only the 2020 changed to unable opening graphic files like jpg, png and tif. I was very pleased with Your answer that inspires me to not give up. I took an uninstaller and removed the copy of 2020 from my wifes computer and reinstalled and voilá! it´s like in the old days. One more time, thank for Your resonce giving me inspiration not to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines